Missing You - Jules Bianchi

I'm aware some other people have done one shots with this layout so number 1, thank you for the inspiration, and number 2, I couldn't find you to tag you soooo...

Inspired by the lyrics from Missing You - The Vamps

I look for love, but there's a space inside my mind
Where I keep on missing you, I keep on missing you
If you've seen enough, know that I'll be right here
Not with somebody new, I keep on missing you

✯✯✯

My darling Jules,

Why does time go by so fast? It's been almost 4 years without you. Apparently time helps you heal—I don't think it's completely true. I still remember that day vividly. When I saw that car hit the crane, I knew the outcome wouldn't be good—I didn't think it would be like this though. I remember the medics pulling you out and putting you in the ambulance. I remember the horrific trip to hospital. I remember sitting next to you every day while you were in the hospital. I remember holding your hand when you went.

We all knew Formula 1 could be dangerous but we thought the safety regulations would have helped. We didn't think it could be that dangerous. Your death was one that shocked everyone. We all thought you could make it through. Nobody thought it would end like this.

Your funeral was attended by so many people. Lots of Formula 1 drivers came too. Lewis Hamilton, Jenson Button, Daniel Ricciardo, Daniil Kvyat, Alain Prost, Sebastian Vettel. It was one of the hardest days of my life, I never thought that day would come so soon.

Lots of people payed tribute to you; Formula 1 retired your number 17, they named a street after you in Nice, Charles dedicated his helmet this year to you and his father, and I decided to get a tattoo. It's your number 17 along with your enitials, on the same finger you put engagement ring 2 days before the accident.

I bet you're so proud of Charles, he finally got his Ferrari seat. You were such a big inspiration for him. Charles always tells me about the times you and him would go karting together. He misses you. We all do.

I'll meet you in heaven my darling.

There's a space inside my mind, where I keep on missing you.

All my love always x

✯✯✯

I folded the letter and placed into an ivory-coloured envelope and sealed it. After, I picked up my pen once again and wrote 'My dear Jules' on it in cursive handwriting and added a small heart at the end.

Later on that day, I drove to Jules' grave. I placed the envelope next to his headstone, along with the bunch of white roses I had bought earlier. After sitting next to him for a while and reminiscing on the good times, I kissed my fingertips and placed the kiss on Jules' headstone before leaving.

During the walk home, I thought about some of the amazing times we had together, like the day we met.

I was at a party that I didn't entirely want to be at with my friend, Kassidy. Kassidy had dragged me along and then disappeared to find her boyfriend Daniel Ricciardo and left me sat at the hotel bar. I subconsciously stirred my drink with the straw as I stared into space. My trance was broken my a rather attractive man appearing by my side.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing sat alone?" He said, he had a thick French accent.

"My friend ditched me to go find her boyfriend" I said.

"Mind if I sit?" He gestured to the seat.

"Please do"

"I'm Jules" He held his hand out.

"Elise" I went to shake his hand but he grabbed it and kissed it instead, making me blush like crazy.

"Come with me" Jules said and held out his hand.

I took it and he led me onto the roof of the hotel.

We spent the rest of the night talking and dancing under the stars to the music from downstairs.

The rain started to fall as I walked home. It reminded me of the times me and Jules would walk to the beach in the rain when there was no one else about. We would have the whole beach to ourselves and then walk back home dripping wet.

If only we could make more memories like these.