Mistakes - Carlos Sainz Jr.

#33 "We need to talk about what happened last night"
#9 "You're in love with her"
~~~
Requested by laraF1lover

You woke up at your friends house, you had all stayed over last night after all going out together. The sun shone brightly through the small gap in the curtains, already causing your head to hurt and putting you in a bad mood.

You went into the kitchen and got a glass of water along with two paracetamol tablets. You took the tablets and washed them down with the water. Not long after, (Y/f/n) walked slowly into the kitchen.

"Alright" (Y/f/n) asked.

You responded by mumbling something.

"How much of last night do you remember?" She asked.

"Too much" You said, putting your hand on your forehead.

(Y/f/n) wrapped her arm around your shoulder.

"I need to go home" You said.

"Ok, no worries"

xxx

"Carlos, we need to talk about what happened last night" You started.

*The Night Before*

You were out partying with your friends in Madrid. Your boyfriend Carlos was also out but with his mates from home.

You had not been in the third bar long when Carlos and his friends walked in. You and your best friend, (Y/f/n), watched them from a distance with a drink in your hand.

"Why are you watching him like that?" (Y/f/n) asked.

"What do you mean?" You pretended to zone out.

"You're watching him like a hawk" She said.

"Well, those girls over there keep trying to get their attention. I want to see if Carlos does anything" You said.

(Y/f/n) hummed.

The girls made their way over to Carlos and his friends. They all seemed to have their eye on someone in his group, but one stood out most. Carlos' ex-she headed right over to him and grabbed his arm, whispering something in his ear.

The next move was unexpected. She grabbed the back of his neck and pushed his lips against her own. Tears welled up in your eyes. You slammed your glass on the bar as walked outside with your best friend following you.

"For God's sake!" You screamed, "I can't believe this"

Tears began to fall down your cheeks, (Y/f/n) wrapped you in a hug.

"Come on, let's get you home" (Y/f/n) said.

"I can't go home! Carlos will be there tomorrow morning" You squealed.

"We'll go to mine then" (Y/f/n) signalled for a taxi to take you to her apartment.

*Present day*

"What do you mean?" Carlos said.

"Last night. I saw you with her" You spat.

"Oh that" Carlos said sheepishly.

"Yeah, that. You're in love with her"

"What? Where do you get that idea from (Y/n)? Do you really think I'd do that to you?" Carlos raised his voice.

"Well at the moment, yes, I do think you'd do that to me" You spat.

"Please (Y/n)" Carlos looked at you.

"Alright, explain yourself"

"I went to the bar to get a drink. I came back and the guys were talking to her. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be that one that ruined the night" Carlos started, "For some reason she was hanging around with us. I just tried to avoid her. We all had shots and I think they went to her head. Next thing I know she is coming onto me. I tried to push her away but it was no use. Then I saw your friend glare at me and I knew it was no use running after you"

"Alright, I believe you" You sighed.

"Wait, what?" Carlos looked up.

"I said I believe you. If you say that's what happened, I believe you. Just please make sure it doesn't happen again" You said, walking towards him and sitting on his lap.

"I love you (Y/n), I really do" Carlos smiled.

"I love you too Carlos" You said, kissing his nose then his lips, "I really do"