Finally - Charles Leclerc

#8 "I've been waiting a long time"
~~~
Requested by _marisatamayo
So so so sorry about the delay with this (requests are now open) Enjoy love!

Charles told me to get ready to go out. He said we would be going somewhere special, so I figured I ought to dress up. We were leaving in two hours so I began straight away.

I took a quick shower and then picked out a dress. It was a red silk dress with a slit in the side. I laid it on our bed and started my hair. I curled it and ran my fingers through it to make the curls more natural. Then I pinned half of my hair up in a bun and sprayed some hairspray on it.

After I began my makeup. I opened my makeup bag and pulled out the products I would use. First I applied primer to my face, followed by filling in my eyebrows and putting on a bit of concealer to my eyelids. I used a light brown eyeshadow first, then a darker brown colour to the crease of my lid and the outer part of my lids. I then put more concealer onto the middle of my lid so I could create a cut-crease, I then dipped my brush into a gold pigment which I applied to my eyes. I applied eyeliner and put on a set of false lashes, followed by a thin coat of mascara. I put concealer on to any blemish on my skin and blended it in with a sponge. Foundation was applied after, then I contoured my cheekbones and nose. After I put a small amount of blusher on, I applied highlighter to my cheekbones, nose and my Cupid's bow. I put a bit of powder on my nose and forehead. After, I sprayed some of my setting spray to make sure my makeup didn't budge. I applied favourite dark red Mac lipstick before I began to tidy my makeup away.

After finishing up, I slipped into my dress and put on my red patent high heels. I sprayed some of my favourite perfume on my neck and checked myself in the mirror. Damn, I thought. I made my way into the living room where Charles sat on the sofa, dressed in his black tuxedo. He looked bloody handsome if I do say so.

"Wow" Charles gasped, "you look stunning, mon chéri"

"Thank you Charles, you look amazing too" I said.

"Let's go" Charles said.

He linked his arm with mine and we walked out of the door, into his car. The drive was quiet, a nice quiet, but I had a feeling tonight was going to be special though.

xxx

We arrived at Port Hercules not long after setting off. We walked to Charles' family yacht and boarded.

"Close your eyes, baby" Charles said to me.

"Why?" I asked, feeling confused to the instruction Charles gave me.

"Please" Charles asked.

I did so. Charles held my hand and guided me through the yacht and up the stairs.

"Open" Charles said when the stairs ended.

There before me was a view of the Mediterranean Sea and a table covered in food. I was slight confused.

"We don't need that much food though" I said.

"Never mind about that" Charles dismissed my comment.

I shrugged as I thought Charles was being a bit unusual. Anyway, Charles went over to the drinks cabinet.

"Drink?" Charles asked.

"Vesper Martini" I said, just joking really but Charles seemed to think I meant it.

Charles got out his phone and you assumed he was googling the recipe. He looked through the bottles and picked out the right ones. Soon enough, Charles handed me a martini glass of what you assumed was a Vesper Martini.

"Thank you baby" I said.

"No problem" Charles kissed my cheek.

The sun began to set over Monaco. Charles and I stood watching the sun slowly disappear beyond the horizon, his arm around my waist.

Charles took a deep breath and looked me in the eye.

"Mary, mon chéri, I love you with all my heart. You bring light to the darkest times. You lift me up when I'm down. You make me laugh, even when we shouldn't. It's impossible not to be happy when you're around. You are the most gorgeous woman ever to walk the earth and you deserve the absolute world" Charles got down one one knee and opened up a small velvet box which revealed a glistening diamond ring, "So, Mary, will you make me the luckiest man in the world and marry me?"

I smiled through the tears streaming down my face and said, "I've been waiting a long time, of course I will"

Charles grinned and slid the ring onto my finger. He stood up and put his hands on my cheeks as he kissed me. I slid my hands up his chest and into his dark hair as his hands reached the base of my neck.

"Je t'aime princesse" Charles said.

"Je t'aime bébé" I said back.

Ring for reference

xxx

"Time for the second surprise of the night" Charles said as he covered up my eyes with a tie, "right, I'm going to pick you up"

Charles did so and carried me somewhere, I assumed back downstairs. He stopped walking and stood me up on the floor. Charles took off the tie and there stood my family, Charles' family and put me closest friends. I gasped, not expecting anything like this.

The first to come up was my parents. They congratulated me, my mother talking to me about the ring and my father talking to Charles.

"It's beautiful, isn't it" I said as I held my hand out to my mother.

"It's absolutely stunning" she said as she wrapped her arms around me, "I love you pumpkin" (cheesy nickname, I know)

"Mom, don't embarrass me" I said, "but I love you too"

Next was Charles' folk. Pascale came over and hugged me, after saying how gorgeous I looked multiple times. Lorenzo and Arthur hugged me too after congratulating us.

"Welcome to the family" Lorenzo said.

"Yeah, there's no going back now" Arthur joked.

"What? Your kidding" I said, playing along.

"Hey!" Charles whined.

"Don't worry darling, I'm only messing" I said as I spun to look at Charles, "I love you"

"I love you too" Charles said as she looked into my eyes.