17. Doctor

Josh sat in the chair next to the hospital bed, holding Reagan's hand.

After showing up at Tyler's office Saturday night, he came home to Reagan sleeping on the couch. He knew she was giving him the bed since it was his, but that didn't stop him from carrying her into the room and letting her use it. Luckily, she didn't wake up so he could get in her in there without an argument.

He ended up sleeping on the couch and when the two woke up and they had sat down and talked everything out. They were still broken up but the figured they could still be friends. They still had love for one another and even if it was romantic but they knew they couldn't be together.

Josh didn't have a spare bedroom since he used the other one for storage and neither of them wanted to make the other sleep on the couch so Reagan decided she still was going to move in with her parents until she could find her own place.

Ashley and Hayley had even texted Josh asking him if they thought she'd be their sister wive. He of course said no. His friend were crackheads but he still loved them.

Josh and had talked about what the thought the reason behind the scare was and Josh suggested Reagan make a doctor's appointment just to be sure it wasn't inaccurate and she actually was pregnant.

And that's where the two currently were— the doctor's. "They doctor has been gone for awhile," Reagan swallowed nervously.

"It'll be okay. You're a nurse. You know sometimes it takes awhile to get results back."

"Yeah..." she sighed. Josh squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Hey look at me," Josh spoke. Reagan complied, an anxious look on her face. "We're still a family. Even if things are different. If you actually are pregnant I'll stick around and be the best dad I can."

Tears welled up in Reagan's eyes. "You'd be an amazing father, J. I love you."

Josh smiled. "I love you too."

Suddenly the door opened and the doctor walked in. "Good news," she spoke. "Or bad news, depending. We ran your urine and blood tests. You're not pregnant."

Josh let out a sigh of relief. Reagan just stayed quiet.

"Is she okay?" Josh asked. "She still hasn't gotten her period."

The doctor smiled. "Reagan you said you were on birth control, correct?"

"Yeah," the brunette nodded.

"Do you usually miss your periods on birth control?"

"No. I've been taking it for ten years. I have one every month. It's always regular. They're just light."

"The issue is probably just stress. Have you been more stressed than usual the past few weeks?"

"Uh," she looked down. "Yeah."

"Wait, why?" Josh looked at her.

"I was worried about you, J," she mumbled.

Josh instantly felt horrible. He was the reason this whole thing happened. If he wasn't such an issue they might still be together.

The doctor cleared her throat. "Well. That's what it is then. You more than likely just won't get your period this month. If this happens again think if you've been stressed lately. And then come in if stress levels aren't high and you've had sexual intercourse."

"Will do, thank you," Reagan nodded and the doctor sent her one last smile before walking out, leaving the two alone.

"Why didn't you tell me you were worried?" Josh frowned, looking at her.

"Because I was focusing on you, Josh," she replied with a sigh. "I'm not gonna tell you I'm stressed when you're stressed. That doesn't help."

"But it's not fair for you to worry about me and I can't worry about you."

"I'm fine now," she assured. "You're getting better. That's all that matters."

"If you start to get stressed like that again, let me know. Okay? Even if we aren't dating and I'm dealing with my own shit I still wanna be there for you."

"Okay," Reagan smiled. "I appreciate you."

"I appreciate you too, Rea."

---

"So she is for sure not pregnant," Josh laughed. "Which is amazing because obviously I would still step up if she was but now I have one less thing to worry about."

Tyler smiled, setting his notepad on his lap. "I'm glad you guys are still friends. She seems very important to you."

"She is," Josh smiled back.

Tyler glanced at the clock and frown overcame his face. "Well your session's about up and I have someone coming in half an hour at two."

"Damn. Already?"

"Sorry, J."

"Nah it's good," he stood up and shrugged his jacket on. "Do you have any other appointments today after this next one?"

"No," Tyler shook his head, standing up as well. "After this next one I'm probably gonna go home to work on paper work cause I'm exhausted," he chuckled. "I live with Jenna and she's going on a date tonight so I might just order food and watch TV with her cat after I finished my paperwork."

"That sounds fun," Josh laughed. "I'll probably go home and lay with Jim and do the same. I'm still shit at cooking so I'll order something. Jim probably won't lay with me though. He's been hating me ever since Freddie left so..." he smiled, trailing off.

"Why don't you come over? We're both gonna be bored all night," Tyler offered.

Josh thought about it. Why not? They were on good terms now and Josh believed they could actually be friends again. A sudden though hit him, however. "Won't you get in trouble for seeing me outside of the office if it's unrelated to me being a patient?"

"If you... need to talk later tonight... I'm letting you know I won't be here. If you need physical support... my address will he texted to you within the next half hour... and seven would be a good time if you're feeling unstable and need to talk," Tyler spoke, carefully choosing his words.

"Alright," Josh replied. "I probably will he unstable at seven since I always am but I'll be especially unstable then."

"Good to know," Tyler smiled and Josh couldn't help but smile back. Things really were getting better.