Epilogue

Five years later...

"Josh oh my God I'm freaking out. I am freaking out," Tyler voiced nervously as he grabbed the veggie tray from the fridge and set it on his kitchen table. Their kitchen table.

"Babe, relax," Josh came up behind the brunette and began massaging his shoulders. "They'll love it."

"But it's our year to host the party," he whined, taking the lid off the Tupperware that held all the vegetables he'd cut up the night before . "It's the first year we've done it as a couple since we moved in together three years ago and Hayley and Ashley did it that year and then Jenna and then Sarah. The time you hosted it alone you almost burnt this house down."

"That's why I put you in charge of the food," Josh smiled, moving his arms down to wrap around his waist. "And I did decorations."

Tyler huffed and threw Josh's arms off of him. "Don't be cute with me. We have thirty year old woman to impress."

"We've known them for years, Ty. Even if it is shitty— and it won't be because you're in charge—," Josh quickly added when Tyler shot him a look. "They wouldn't care."

"But your family's coming too, J."

"So?" Josh asked, eyebrow raised. "You grew up with them. They're wouldn't care either."

"Your mom hates me," Tyler walked back over to the fridge and grabbed out the cheese and grapes he had prepped as well before going to the cupboard and getting crackers well.

"No she does not," Josh rolled his eyes. "She loves you, you know that."

"I feel like she hates me because of what happened between us."

Tyler was in the middle of fixing up a plate with the food on it when Josh grabbed his hands. "Look at me," Tyler's eyes flicked up to the blonde. "That doesn't matter anymore. We're together now. We have been. For a long time. She doesn't hate you. She never did. I promise."

Tyler couldn't help but smile. He pressed a soft kiss to Josh's lips. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Where's Rosie?" The brunette asked, his face holding confusion.

As if on cue he felt something hit his leg and he looked down, seeing the couple's cat rubbing against his leg and purring softly. "Speak of the Devil," Josh laughed.

"Hey, be nice to her. I love that cat more than you," he hit Josh's arm lightly.

"I know you do. Jim was still the superior pet though."

"If that's what helps you sleep at night," he teased.

Tyler pulled back and was about to continue getting ready when the doorbell rang. "Shit!" He began panicking again. "We're not ready, we're not—"

"Ty," Josh smiled at him. "It's okay. Just take a deep breath."

Tyler sighed in defeat. "Fine."

The brunette watched Josh walk over to the door and open it. Tyler let out a relieved exhale when he saw it was just Jenna and her boyfriend. She was also carrying a plate of cookies. "I know you can't bake so here," Jenna entered the house.

"Hello to you to," Josh mumbled, shutting the door once they were both in. "Hey, Jake."

"Hey, man," the mentioned nodded with a smile.

"Oh my God you're a life saver. I'm so glad to see you," Tyler took the plate from her and set it on the table. "Why the hell are you here so early?"