2 - Avatar

"Erza?!" Natsu exclaimed. "Where the hell have you been?"

"Where the hell have I been? Where the hell have you been?" I asked him.

Unlike all our other friends, no one knew where Natsu went after high school – he dropped off the face of the earth. Lucy was going to go to Fairy Tail University – which is where Jellal and I go – but after Natsu disappeared, she didn't want to be a third wheel to romantic couples so she did a journalism course at another university.

Gray and Juvia decided to go on a gap year and head to the countryside but then Gray reached out to me and left Juvia so he could help Jellal and I with something. Gajeel and Levy somehow got a job with assisting the police. In fact, they were the people who came to Jellal and I and asked us for help. The police were having trouble taking down the gang called Avatar so Gajeel and Levy suggested that we help since we were the people mainly responsible for the arrest of Tartaros and Zeref's gang.

When Gray called us, I proposed that he go undercover at Avatar so he did. He gained lots of valuable information, including the location of where the whole gang will gather to meet, including members from other cities and countries. They were going to be next to a small city in five days and we were going to ambush them there. The police were all notified and they had started evacuating the city.

"I've been travelling a lot; it's a long story. But what's going on with you guys and Gray? Why is he with Avatar? Why was he evil a few minutes ago but is now good?" Natsu rambled.

"Gray will explain everything, okay? I'll see you soon," I said before hanging up.

"Hey," Jellal whined. "Why didn't you let me speak to Natsu? I haven't spoken to him in a year."

I simply grabbed his hand and dragged him back to our place, letting him complain all the way home.

Five days have passed since our ice-skating date and it was now the day that all of Avatar was meeting up. To be honest, they were more of a cult than a gang. They worshipped some demon or devil or evil thing and it apparently wanted sacrifices so Avatar was planning to bomb the whole city. Little do they know that we already evacuated the city.

"Are we there yet?" Jellal groaned as he trudged next to me over the green, grassy hill.

"No," was my reply.

"How about now?"

"No."

"And.... Now?"

I was about to reply when I saw a flicker of light heading my way. I quickly ducked down, pulling Jellal with me. A second later, an arrow whizzed over our heads and continued into the distance behind us.

"Yep, we're here now."

I took out my gun and started shooting while running towards the massive crowd of people in white cloaks. Footsteps thundering behind me let me know that Jellal was right on my tail. On our left and right, policemen charged at the gang. Our plan was to surround Avatar in a circle formation and when we take down their leader, hopefully they'll all surrender.

We were also given guns and weapons. In a way, we were like honorary policemen. Ever since Gajeel and Levy made us help the police force, the police have been training us in combat, weapons and all sorts of other skills. But even though we went through all that, this was most likely a one-time mission, unless we want to get a job in the police force or they need help again.

"You excited to see the others again?" Jellal asked me.

I took a quick glance at him. He was running while shooting at the people up ahead; the way he moved was so graceful and he made it look like he wasn't even trying. I quickly focused back on the task at hand, just in time to dodge an arrow.