4 - Clubbing

"Alright, that's the end of class. Remember to work on the assignment that's due in two weeks," my teacher said.

All at once, students packed up their belongings and rushed out the classroom. A few were on the slower side as they chatted with their friends in a leisurely manner.

"See you tomorrow, Erza," one of my friends said to me.

"Bye," I waved good bye to her before she left the room.

It was sad that I didn't have any of my old friends in my class but I made new friends who I hung out with from time to time when I wasn't with Jellal. Now, since my old friends are back, I'll probably be spending more time with them than my new friends.

I quickly gathered my stuff in my bag and went out of the room. All my other friends had classes today and we all agreed to meet at the Magnolia Café at 1pm. It was a hot sunny Monday as I walked to the café, which was only a few blocks away from the university.

When I entered the café, a soft bell chimed above my head. I looked around the big café, instantly spotting the cakes in the display on the side of the room. Most tables were already filled with people, mainly university students since it was close to campus and has good food.

"Erza! Over here!" Lucy waved at me from a booth near the back.

I smiled at her and made my way over. Once there, I sat down in the seat next to Jellal on the right. It was only those two here right now and they were already looking through the menu.

"Hey, Erza," my fiancé kissed me on the cheek.

"Hello to you too, Jellal. How was class?" I asked.

Jellal shrugged. "The usual; so much work."

"Yeah," Lucy agreed. "It's exhausting but I love the work. Every day, I'm getting closer to being an author and I have you guys with me every step of the way."

"Same. I love being here with all you guys," I said.

"Shouldn't we wait to do the sappy talk until everyone's here?" Jellal intervened, playing with the salt shaker on the table. "Speaking of which... here they come."

The small twinkling of the bell sounded throughout the room and I swivelled around to see five people walk in. It was, of course, my friends. Lucy waved them over as she did for me and they instantly headed over, quickly settling into a seat around the table.

"Hey, everyone!" Natsu greeted us cheerfully.

Once we exchanged 'hello's, we browsed the menu and then ordered lunch. The waitress did a small bow as she took the menus before scurrying off. Chatter from surrounding tables blurred into the background as we started our own conversation.

"So, how was the first day of class?" I asked my friends who started uni today.

"It was surprisingly fun," Natsu said.

"That's because you slept half the time!" Gray shouted.

"I did not! I was tired from all the hard work so I just took a short break with my eyes closed."

"A short break? It was more than 15 minutes!"

"Can both of you shut up?" I slammed both of their heads together.

They rubbed their own heads with a groan. Honestly, how many times do I have to do that for them to stop fighting with each other? I guess it'll never stop.

"Well, I though class was good," Levy said. "There were really nice people in my class too."

"Same," Juvia said, not taking her eyes off Gray as she hugged his arm.