23 - Working with Jellal

As the months went by, I took a break on finding a job at a law firm. It was a job I always dreamed of as a kid but now as I grew up, I couldn't see myself doing that work and enjoying it for the rest of my life. Growing up and choosing a career is a hard job. When you're young, people always ask you what you want to be when you grow up but that usually changes. In high school, you already need an idea of what you want to do so you can do the subjects that get you into your desired university course. In year 9, I chose legal studies, thinking that that was my path I wanted but now, I'm not too sure.

"I'm glad you changed your mind," Jellal told me.

"You want to say 'I told you so' – I can tell," I replied.

"No, I don't."

My fiance offered ages ago for me to go to work with him one day to see if I wanted to work with him. At that time, I wanted to be independent so I refused. Today, I decided that I would give it a try. I know that sometimes couples who work together fight a lot and don't do well but other times, they work well together. Jellal and I have good chemistry and we generally work well together but on something like Jellal's business, I don't know. I guess we'll have to find out.

"Are you ready?" Jellal asked.

We were standing outside his building. It looked modern and was fairly big with a several storeys that towered over us. As I looked it up and down, I was slightly intimidated but impressed with everything my fiance has done.

"It feels like a 'take your kid to work' day," I simply commented.

Jellal laughed. "It's more like 'take your fiance to work' day, but sure, whatever you want."

"Okay, then. If it's like 'take your kid to work' day, I should get a piggy back ride."

I jumped on his back and he reflexively held my legs securely. However, he quickly took his hands away and I held on tightly.

"How about another time? We have work to do," Jellal said.

"Fine," I huffed and I got off him.

He's usually more than happy to give me a piggy back ride but I guess he was in serious mode for work. So, I decided to behave better and try to act more professional as well. Usually I am, but I think Jellal brings out the fun in me and makes me be more relaxed and playful. I don't know what was up with me today. I was meant to prove that I was hard working and independent yet here I am joking around with my 'boss' for the day. So far, it wasn't going how I had planned so from on now, I was going to try my best to be a good worker and show that we could work well together.

"Let's go in," I announced with a serious tone.

I started walking and Jellal followed. When I entered the building, I was even more impressed than before. The modern style was full of warm and wecoming colours.

"Wow, this place looks great," I said.

Jellal thanked me. He then led me to the lift and we went up to the fifth floor. Exiting the elevator, I was once again amazed by the beautiful layout of the space with several offices here and there. It seemed like Jellal did some decorating because his unique style shone through in the artistic architecture. We walked to the the furthest office, which was labelled as Jellal's.

Once inside, Jellal sat at his desk to prepare for the day and I inspected the room, my feet taking me to every inch of the place. On one wall was an abstract painting, on another was a picture of Jellal and I. His desk, just like I expected, was neat and almost empty with only the basic, essential things on it.

"Alright, are you ready to get started?" Jellal asked.

I nodded. Time to see what I would do in Jellal's job.