FOUR

"𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫"

“Namjoon-ah…”

Namjoon shot up from his couch. The familiar voice had makes his off-day became like a bombshell to his inner peace. A peace that he always sought after the tiresome shift at the La Flemme. A host is allowed to take a day off in a week. And he thought he is going to have his good rest this week. Not until the voice interrupted his peaceful life.

“Namjoon, this is…eomma…”

The soft and tender motherly voice once again can be heard in his ear through the phone. Without introducing herself, Namjoon still can remember his mother's voice. How could you ever forget someone who had sung the lullaby to you every night when you were young? A mother's voice is an angel voice that no one should forget.

His grip over his phone tightens as he tried to regain his strength to answer. “Eom…eomma…” however he was stuttering and his voice is shaking. It's been a long time since the last time he speaks to his mother.

A sob erupted from the other side of the phone. Namjoon closed his eyes in agony. Feeling his heart sunk at the sound of his mother's crying. He tried not to have the same sentiment too, knowing that it will make his mother become sadder. Instead, he waits. He waits until his mother starts the conversation again. He knew there must be something important for his mother to make the call. And he didn’t need to wait for a long time before his mother delivered the news. A bad one.

“Namjoon-ah…it’s…it’s Seulgi…She’s sick…”

Namjoon eyes widen with shock. “Seu-Seulgi?” A flashed of Seulgi's images appeared in his mind right away. The beautiful smile and the endearing laugh whenever she's skipping and bouncing at the park adorably. His beloved little sister, Kim Seulgi.

“We... we at the Seoul Hospital right now. Can you come? We need you, Namjoon-ah!"

“I’ll be there!” he answered immediately, didn’t even hesitated before he ends the call and grabs his car key. He drove his Lamborgini at full speed and he knew his car is capable in doing so. Namjoon ignored all the traffics and will worry about the speeding tickets later. He just needs to be at the hospital as soon as he can.

He runs. He runs as fast as he can in the building, looking for the room 218 frantically. He didn’t care those eyes that were looking at him, wondering why he was so haggard and panicked. When he reached at the end of the floor, he sprinted his leg faster and he was panting when he stands in front of the room. He read what had been written on the door. 218. Kim Seulgi.