NINE

"𝐀 𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭"

“You can hate me as long as you want but I will use that money to save your daughter

“You can hate me as long as you want but I will use that money to save your daughter..."

"Namjoon..."

“Sunbae?”

“Sunbae?”

Junmyeon flashed a smile at his junior with a pang of sorrow when he saw the remnant of the tears on Namjoon's face. He heard all the argument between Namjoon and Mr. Kim. It was expected, nothing to surprise. Junmyeon knows the fact that his father despised Namjoon for his job. But still, its hurt to think how he had been handling the hatred all this while.

Both now seats on the bench at the park, eyes staring at the dark sky with few stars – shining and blinking beautifully. But it was almost faded away when the black cloud slowly moves together, darken the sky.

“Why didn’t you tell me about Seulgi?” Junmyeon asked. He sipped the hot coffee he had bought from the vending machine before they marched towards the park.

Namjoon sighed, blankly stares at his coffee. “I…I forgot. Sorry. It was too chaotic these past few days that I couldn’t think anything except Seulgi…”

“Do you need my help?” Asked Junmyeon in a  suggestive tone.

Namjoon immediately shook his head. “No…no need sunbae. I can…I can settle this by myself…”

Junmyeon glanced over Namjoon from the corner of his eyes. He can see the sullen expression of the younger. His shoulder slump and he looks so timid and fragile. Obviously, he is hurting been treated cruelly by his father.

“You can tell me everything Joonie…you know that, right?”

Namjoon let out a half-suppressed laugh when Junmyeon starts to address him by his nickname. Feeling pity at his self pathetic situation.  He knew the direction of the conversation. Of course, the doctor had caught the sight of his argument with his father earlier. The hideous exchanged of diversion view about his ‘filthy money' and ‘filthy job'. Irony.