SIX

"𝐀 𝐁𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡"

“Hoseok!”

Hoseok swirled his body to the back when he saw Junmyeon, running towards him. He chided when the tall male put his arm around his shoulder comfortably.

“Did you remember our bet last week?” asked Junmyeon as they both walked towards the on-call room for a short nap. They had eighteen hours long shift today and they really need the sleep. The whole body was sore due to the non-stop incoming patient at the emergency.

“What bet?” asked Hoseok, faking his ignorant.

Junmyeon clicked his tongue at the answer. “Don’t you dare to act like you have amnesia Hoseok! It won’t do on me! You knew what bet I’m talking about…” rebuke Junmyeon with irritation at Hoseok's attitude.

Hoseok rolls his eyes. “Don’t be childish Junmyeon. I’m not going to play with you…” he said and nudged the tall body away, that been too clingy to him.

After they arrived at the on-call room which also known as doctor's mess, Hoseok immediately took the lower bed. Leaving Junmyeon to huff in further annoyance that he needs to climb the bunk bed to sleep. Hoseok smirked at his sulking face.

“Well, you didn’t say it’s childish when you agree for the bet before!” snickered Jumyeon as he slumped his tired body on the mattress. He can hear Hoseok's grunt under his bed.

“Please Junmyeon. I never took it seriously. And what the hell the bet was for? To prove that I’m not gay? Pfftt!”

Junmyeon chuckles at the complaint. “Then what are you afraid of? Just prove what the interns thought about you are wrong.”

Hoseok chided. “That nerve bratty interns! How dare they spread the rumors that I’m gay!” Hoseok fisted the bed in anger and he can hear how Junmyeon laughed at him. Maybe he laughed too hard until the bed making some noise. Nuisance! Junmyeon and the bed!

“Oh come on Hoseok. You were basically a humanoid doctor. Working your ass twenty-four hours a day, don’t even takes any leave for the whole three years, never date a girl and you don’t even show any interest towards Krystal. What was that dude? She's the goddess in the pediatric department. Everyone swoon over her, except you. If you’re not gay then what?”

Hoseok kicked the upper bed as hard as he can making Junmyeon to yelp in surprise. But later the tall surgeon let out an amused laugh at Hoseok small tantrum. Knowing that what he had said just now were basically the truth.

“Damn you Junmyeon! I don’t date girl doesn’t mean that I’m gay!” retaliates Hoseok in anger. He didn’t know why everyone was interested in his personal life. Why do they need to keep on eyes over him? He's the best heart surgeon in the hospital. Of course, he was super busy that he didn’t got the time to date, anyone. And who will ever understand his schedule? He basically on-call everyday. He needs to leave the dates if the hospital paged him.