SEVEN

"𝐑𝐞𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧"

“Tell me your problem now Prince…”

“My problem is you!”

Namjoon tilted his head to the side, clenching his jaws as he tried not to shed any tears

Namjoon tilted his head to the side, clenching his jaws as he tried not to shed any tears. No! He can’t cry in the middle of his session. He shouldn’t let his personal feeling to overpower his professionalism. He needs to smile. A bright smile. Smile Namjoon!

Namjoon flickered shut his eyes, took a breather before he turned his head towards Hoseok, with a wide smile making his dimple to show. “So, how did I become your problem? Care to share?” he asked politely.

Hoseok was taken aback at the calm reaction by the male. He leaned on the couch as he stares at Namjoon delicately sipping the red wine. The male looks really different from before. If he was fascinated with his adorableness previously, now he couldn’t lie to himself that this Namjoon is extremely gorgeous.

Gorgeous? Damn Hoseok! I shouldn’t think like that!

“You can tell me anything, prince. The stress, the problem, the anger, the disappointment. I’m willing to listen. Let me be the shoulder for you to lean on…” continues Namjoon when Hoseok remained silent on his seat.

“Is this what you do for a living?” asked Hoseok abruptly without looking at Namjoon. His eyes fixated on the table that full with various snacks, two wine glass, a wine bottle, and a scented candle. But none of them were making Hoseok intrigued. Except for Namjoon.

Namjoon chuckles at the question crossed his legs and swirl the wine glass on his hand slow and smoothly before he took another sip. “I’m here for your concern Prince, not mine. And rules at La Flemme, no personal question…” he states calmly.

Hoseok chided at the answer. “Please, don’t be too sassy Namjoon. We are not a stranger. Put down your masquerade!” he spits the venomous words without thinking it would hurt the latter feeling.

Namjoon snickers at the statement. “How do you know that I’m wearing a mask right now? Maybe Namjoon you’d been mentioning just now was the fake one, ” said Namjoon in sarcasm. He then leans on the couch leisurely. He didn’t have the heart to act to please Hoseok right now. The male had clearly shows that he is disgusted at him. So why not he just keeps on being Joon the Host? The sassy Joon.

Hoseok was flabbergasted at Namjoon's bratty attitude. He glanced over the said male through the corner of his eyes. He can see how the younger had a smirk on his face. A new reflection of Namjoon's personality. Who is he actually? Which one is the real Namjoon? Hoseok couldn’t tell.

Hoseok was about to say something when a group of three people approached their table, making some noise about wanting to entertain him with singing. Hoseok arched his brows with irk and anger that they had interrupted his conversation with Namjoon.

“I’m going to the restroom. Enjoy the singing in the meantime…” said Namjoon, patting on Hoseok thigh before he left. The ‘stray kids' look at him with a quizzical look. Namjoon never left his client during his session. It’s awkward. But they dismissed their thoughts and continue to sing for Hoseok.

Namjoon walked through the hallway while clenching his fist. He needs fresh air. He really needs it before he starts to have a panic attack. He can’t have it while he is working. No. Namjoon searched for Seokjin through his blurry vision.

“Jinnie?” he tries to call the elder among the crowds. The noise in the clubs hurts his eardrum. Namjoon can feel how his breath labored. He needs to find Seokjin really fast.

“Joon? Are you okay?”

Someone had grabbed his forearm and he can hear the slurred speech of the male asking something. But he didn’t recognize the owner of the voice. Is it Baekhyun? Or Jinyoung? But it sounded like Bambam. Which one?

“Joon?!” the same voice had been calling him again. But he didn’t need them. He only wants Seokjin. Where's Seokjin?

“Jin…Jinnie?” he tried to scream Seokjin's name among the crowd and noise but he couldn’t even hear his own voices. As if the loud music had completely drowned his voice. A second later he feels someone had dragged him through the crowd and Namjoon being dumbfounded, followed the male without any hassle.

“Joon? Joonie?? Hey! Are you listening?”

Someone had patted his cheeks for a few times. Namjoon frowned in confusion. The loud noise already gone. He was sitting in a room. The air was bone-chilling.

“Hey, Joonie. Take a deep breath. In and out. Follow me okay. In…Out…In…Out…”

Namjoon blinks his eyes for a few times to see the person in front of him right now. The image still blurry but he tried to follow that person instruction. He inhales and exhales at the same pace with the latter. He can feel the lump on his chest starts to dissipate and his breathing slowly become normal.

Namjoon closed his eyes for a few seconds before lifted his eyelids. Step by step, the image in front of him become clearer and he released a heavy breath when he notices it's Seokjin. He looks so worried. But why?

“Are you okay, Joonie?” he asked tenderly as if Namjoon is a fragile glass that will break in any minutes.

Namjoon nodded slowly. “Ye-yes?”

Seokjin sighed. He strokes Namjoon damp's hair on his forehead and further cupped his cheeks. “What’s the wrong Joon? You haven’t had the attack for a while already. What happen?” he asked. His voice strained with concern. He was shocked when Bambam came to his office bringing Namjoon to him. Pale and almost fainted.

Namjoon shook his head. “No-nothing hyung…I just feel…suffocated all of sudden…”

Seokjin stares at Namjoon that looks in distress. He knew there's something bothering the male but he didn’t want to force the younger to speak when he obviously didn’t want to do it.

Namjoon gasped in horror when suddenly he realized that he left Hoseok at his table when he tries to find Seokjin. “Oh no! I forgot I still have a session with my client!”

Seokjin flicked Namjoon's forehead making the younger to hiss in pain. He pouted while staring at Seokjin, mouthed ‘why’ at the elder. Seokjin chided while rolling his eyes.

“You almost have a panic attack Joonie! But you rather concerned about your session…”

Namjoon sighed. “Hyung, they paid us, remember? I shouldn’t have the attack though. I’m ruining the business…,”

“Stop saying that Joonie. You bring wealth and profits to the club. We won’t go bankrupt if you miss a session. Please, you make millions in one night Joon. Missing a session was nothing to the club…” states Seokjin a little bit bragging.

Namjoon chuckles at the statement. “Hyung, did you just humble brag?”

Seokjin shrugged. “Well, nothing's wrong with that right?”

Namjoon shook his head, already adapted with Seokjin's highly self-appraisal. He glanced over his watch and realized that he had been away for almost ten minutes. He immediately gets up from the couch. “See you later hyung. My client is waiting!”

Namjoon was appalled when Seokjin grabbed his forearm when he tried to leave Seokjin's room hastily. He looks at the elder with a frown.

“Are you sure you’re okay Joon?” Seokjin asked. Still, a little bit worries about Namjoon.

Namjoon pats on Seokjin's hand over his forearm. “I’m fine hyung. Don’t worry.”

Seokjin watched Namjoon's lanky body walked out from his room with mixed emotions. He still puzzled as to what had happened to the younger until he got the panic attack during his working shift. Seokjin approached his desk and took a file. He flipped the paper before his hand halted at the list of Namjoon's client for tonight. His eyes fixated at the unfamiliar name.

“Jung Hoseok? Was he the reason for Namjoon's attack? Who is he?”

When Namjoon returned to his table, the Stray Kids just finished their second song and Hoseok face was obviously bored and unrelenting. Namjoon let out a soft laugh at his stoic face. Namjoon tapped on Woojin's shoulder and reckon at the three to leave.

“Sorry, I took a long time at the restroom…” said Namjoon while flumps on the couch.

“I hate when they keep on singing even I’m obviously didn’t interested to listen to their song, ” grumble Hoseok, gnawed his lips.

Namjoon curved into a smile. “It’s part of the session, prince. It takes only ten minutes out of the one hour…”

Hoseok shrugs pay no heed on that matter. He glanced over Namjoon that looks a little bit haggard. Was something happens in the restroom? It sparks his curiosity but he’s too self-conscious to ask.

“Nam...hmm what should I call you now? Namjoon or Joon?” Hoseok further asked.

“It’s Joon, prince…”

Hoseok bawled his eyes at the answer. “Why are you keep calling me ‘prince’? It’s super awkward and childish. You already know my name. You can call me by my name Hos…”

“Prince…rules La Flemme... Client's name is private and confidential. We called our client prince or princess. It's to protect our client privacy and image…” intercepts Namjoon, explaining why he keeps calling the young doctor as ‘prince’.

Hoseok let out a mockery laugh after listened to Namjoon's explanation. “Image? What kind of image you want to protect when you from the first place comes to this kind of place, Joon?”  he asked cynically while emphasizing Namjoon's nickname, JOON.

Namjoon flashed a weak smile at the derision made by Hoseok. He couldn’t blame the male for making such remarks. Everyone has their prejudice against this place and his job. Everyone was looking at them, at him with the disgusted look as if they were a sex worker, a prostitute. It’s hard to explain that the club is not a brothel but most of them were didn’t care at all. For them, the host club provides entertainment as well as sex.

“Then what makes someone respectable and highly like you to come to this filthy place then?” Namjoon scorns at Hoseok.

Hoseok was taken aback at the sudden attacks, didn’t expect such sarcasm from the host. He clears his throat before he answered Namjoon's question. “I’m…I’m here because my friend makes a bet. I need to prove something to them…not that I’m willing to come here…”

Namjoon raised one of his brows in the puzzle. “What bet? What are you trying to prove to them?” queried Namjoon, interested.

Hoseok grunts in annoyance. “A stupid bet. I shouldn’t agree at the first place. If not I will never…”

“Meet me here and has a second thought about my character?” cuts Namjoon, didn’t let the male to finish his sentence. No need for that when Namjoon already knew what the male trying to indicate. He clearly regrets meeting him here. He might be regret even to know him.

Hoseok was deadpanned. He couldn’t gainsay over Namjoon's allegation. Mostly because it is true. He kind of regret his decision to accept the challenge from Junmyeon from the first place. However, partly he is grateful that at least he knew who's Namjoon is. He was being captivated by his innocence a few days ago and now in front of him is the real Namjoon. Joon, the number one host in Seoul.

“I don’t blame you prince for being so judgmental. It’s human nature to judge a book by it's cover. I have nothing to explain too. Especially to someone who didn’t want to hear it…” continues Namjoon, cynically. He even let out a laugh that sounded like ridiculing Hoseok.

“I’m not judgmental, Na…Joon…I’m just being…”

Namjoon scoffs and raised his hand as a signal for the male to stop talking. “Your session already ended..” he said and slowly get up from the couch, staring at Hoseok that looks a little bit startled. Namjoon them bowed at the male. “Thank you for having your time here at La Flemme. I hope you enjoy yourself for being here and having me to entertain you. Let me walked you to the entrance, prince!”

Hoseok was shell-shocked at Namjoon’s hospitality. It was so effortless, to show that he already used to such greeting. Hoseok gawked at the male, looking at him while flashing his wide smile and his dimples were showing. Hoseok shoots up from the couch when Namjoon signaling with his hand that he will escort the male out from the club.

Hoseok followed the male from behind, watching his back that looks very intriguing. He can see a few males in the club cat-whistle at Namjoon and Hoseok narrowed down his eyes towards the males with anger. Rude!

However, Namjoon didn’t seem bothered at all with the naughty teasing, keeps on smiling whenever someone is calling his name. Hoseok can feel how his heart consumes with the fire of hatred. Or jealousy that he didn’t even realize it at that time.

“Thanks for coming, prince…” said Namjoon when they arrived at the main entrance of the club.

“Namjoon, I…”

“I would like to say see you again, Hoseok-hyung. But I know you wouldn’t like it. I’m sorry for giving you a false impression about myself. But I couldn’t change the fact that this is me, either Namjoon or Joon. This is my reflection…” intercepts Namjoon.

Hoseok was about to say something to the younger but Namjoon didn’t give him any chances to do so when he just bow politely and leave Hoseok in aw shuck at the door. Hoseok watched until the male disappeared in the club but Hoseok didn’t budge at all from where he was standing.

‘I shouldn’t listen to Junmyeon!’

...つづく

つづく