1

Finally

Last day of the semester.

You had been looking forward to this day for months, and it finally arrived.

You weave through the waves of students like it's second nature, - because it is - barely noticed.

The halls are so damn small!

This isn't because of the too many students cramped in too small classes.

Ok, it kind of is, but there's another factor. When they built most of the university, the main architect forgot to plan space for the thousands of students that would come here, going for aesthetic over PROPER FUCKING SPACE.

The space is confining, and the cause of many panic attacks. Not only because of the small space, but also the university in general.

Most of the teachers were all right, your friends were pretty nice, and your social status isn't too shabby considering your antisocialness, but that doesn't change the fact that this place sucks.

The stress, the worries, the people, all terrible.

They put so much pressure on you to join clubs when we're all covered in homework. They expect you to do well, sleep well, study, have a social life and a job all at the same time. Most places are probably like that, but it's still horrible.

You head out the doors, breathing in the fresh air.

At least now I won't have to deal with - 

"Hey! Y/n! Wait up!"

Fuck

A tall guy runs towards you, running a hand through his blond hair. He is quite handsome, from the way he talks, and how he laughs, and how his eyes sparkle when - 

NO

You sigh. ''What do you want."

He smiles. "I just wanted to say hello!"

You snarl, a growl coming from your throat. "Hi. Now leave me alone"

His face drops. "Aw, come on. I told you I was sorry."

"Don't care"

He cheated on you with someone from the next town over. You're a pretty forgiving person, but that was too much.

You keep on walking, ending up in a small rural neighborhood.

"Y/n, just listen to me ... "

You turn around sharply.

"No, you listen to me you piece of shit."

He takes a step back, a surprised look etched on his pretty face. You never did talk back to him when you two were dating. Your anxieties kept you from it.

What if he'd leave you because you were rude?

Because you talked back?

Because you asserted yourself?

Because you were honest?

"I don't want to talk to you, and that's final. You betrayed my trust, multiple times might I add, and you still want me to - no -, EXPECT me to come back crawling to you? You are pathetic."

He starts getting angry. "You - "

"NO! You shut up and you listen to me you inarticulate dung beetle! I'm not coming back, and that's final! 

Guess what, I've got some news for ya: Not everything works out the way you want it to. Deal with it!"

His face contorts in a grimace as he takes a step forward, his hands clenching into fists.