6

A/N : I talk about mental illnesses in this chapter. I do not mean to offend anyone, and I talk about them (in an oversimplified way as to not explain it for days) from the way I feel them, and my perspective. Everybody lives through them differently, and this is a basic approximation of mine. If you are suffering from a mental illness, don't hesitate to talk about it and et some help. It was extremely hard for me to let my close friends in on it and let them help and reassure me, but trust me, it's worth it. 

On with the story!  

-She said, in the prewritten chapter with no views but her own for editing, that she might not even publish.

You climb up the stairs of the basement. He's acting weirdly... 

Well, not weirdly. He's already pretty damn weird. He just seems... Not as crazy. You would love to ask him, but who knows what might send him into a rage fit?

''It's temporary.''

You turn to him. Did he say something?

''Don't get used to it.''

Oh

''So, like mood swings?''

He nods, looking straightforward.

You stop and think.

''Can I ask you a question?''

''Sure, but it doesn't mean I'll answer it.''

''What are you exactly?''

He laughs, the sound growing louder and louder, ringing in your ears.

Oh no

Oh no

Shouldn't have said that

He's getting back in his crazy mood

I'm going to die

''No ya won't.''

He turns around, a smug smile on his face.

''I was just havin' some fun.''

You grumble, angry at yourself to have fallen for that. 

''To answer yer question, you were indeed right. I am what ye would call a 'demon'.''

''Does that mean - ''

He tuts, cutting you off. ''I answered yer question, now I want something in return.'' 

You gulp rather loudly, afraid of what he might ask. He leans in, whispering ''I would like ...'' 

You cut him off abruptly by saying ''A question, maybe? A question for a question, that's only fair.'' 

He straightens back up, grumbling.

''Fine.''He stops and thinks for a few seconds and looks up with a questioning look. 

''Why are ye acting so calm with me? I just told ya that I am a demon and I literally carved an A in yer arm and ye still seem so calm. I showed you a floating eyeball that took a liking to you for fook's sake! I can tell ye're afraid, significantly less than anyone else I've seen before, but sometimes more, it's quite weird.'' You walk in the living room and drop on the couch. He sits besides you. ''Ya also don't seem as affected by the physical pain.'' 

You look up and chuckle. ''That's two questions, but sure.'' You breathe in deeply, thinking a bit. 

''To answer your second one, I am not sure, but it's probably because I have something called depression. Do you know what that is?'' You say while turning to him. He shakes his head and so you go on. ''It's part of an ensemble of things called 'mental illnesses'. Sometimes, humans will have one or multiple of those, for different reasons.''