20

The dinner table is quiet after a long day. Your father eating at the head of the table, You and you mom beside him.

''How was your day, Hun?''

''It was great, Mom. I had -hah'' You inhale sharply, feeling light fingers tickling at your side. Anti keeps messing with you while you're talking to people, completely messing up you conversations.

Anti!

Pay attention to meeee

Fuck. Maybe it's time to show him to your parents.

It had been on your mind for a while, and the time had come.

''Actually, I wanted for you to meet An-Jack. I invited him over to eat.''

Go wait outside and make yourself look human, alright?

Fiiinnnne.

You feel his invisible presence leave your side as soon as the doorbell rings. You over-exaggerate your smile, looking innocently at your mom, doing your best puppy-dog eyes.

''Of course. It's no problem. Go get him.''

You head towards the front door, hearing your father grumble.

''Boyfriend? What? Since when? If he touched them, I'll -''

''Oh my god calm down. Haven't you seen how much happier they are?''

You chuckle quietly, opening the door. Standing there is Anti, looking exactly like Jack. He's holding a bouquet of daisies.

''Hey babe.'' He says while sliding one over your ear. You peck his cheek, moving over to let him in. You two walk hand in hand to the dining table.

Your mother is holding a camera, her face holding a smile that seems too big for her body. She keeps taking pictures and videos while questioning Anti about anything and everything. Your dad looks suspiciously at him, his stern gaze unwavering.

Anti is doing great, answering your mother's questions politely and returning the favor.

Your father suddenly gets up, the scratching noise from his chair startling you. He walks over to Anti, looking like a wolf.

''Why don't you come with me, Jack? I'd like to talk to you in private.''

Anti is unnerved by his look, but keeps his composure. ''Of course, sir.'' He says as they both step outside.

Anti's thoughts

Fuck

What's going to happen?

What does he want?

They stand on the deck, staring at the setting sun. Your father leaning over the railing. The air is thick with the silence, Anti not wanting to speak up, but clearly forced to.

"If I may ask, what did you want to talk about, sir?''

A heavy sigh is heard as both men straighten up. It is impossible to tell which one made the noise, but it doesn't matter.

A concerned father is going to go against a demon. There's a clear winner.

Even though your dad doesn't know all of Anti's capabilities, it doesn't matter. The demon doesn't stand a chance.

"What do you want with (Y/n)?"

"... I'm afraid I don't understand, sir."

"You know exactly what I mean!"