37

"Darling dearest, would you mind coming down here?"

Your voice echoed up the stairs, stirring Anti from his slumber.

"Dear." Your tone urge him to get up and he stumbled down the stairs shirtless, trying to find what might be wrong.

"Yes, what is- Oh no."

He finally saw it.

The other Divine being sitting in your armchair. "This is Hades" you hissed, a forced smile strained on your face. "he wanted to talk to you."

"Hello, sir" Anti said, kneeling.

You growled as Hades chuckled, and Anti looked up in confusion.

"He- He's Greek. He's in our house. He can't do anything. Rules of hospitality or some shit."

"Oh." he scrambled back up, sitting by you on the couch and grabbing your trembling hands. Third otherworldly being in a  week, had to be stressful.

Silence settled on the room, only broken by Hades' quiet sips of tea.

"Now," Hades said, putting down his mug and straightening up. "I believe the two of you have... somewhat of an issue, have you not?"

"Sure, you could say that." you grumbled, Anti lightly hitting your arm. 

"He just wants to help. ..Right?"

"Of course." Hades began pacing the room, looking at the trinkets and pictures scattered everywhere. "He thought he could impose rules on my creatures? No one down there was happy." He turned to you, his robes billowing around him in an unseen wind. "He still holds beliefs that were proven wrong long ago, actively showing racism towards a creature that's shown true change? How dare he." Fire burned in his eyes, and you knew you didn't want to be at the receiving end of whatever he'd plan.

"Although I must say," he turned back to you and you strained to keep a pleasant expression on your face. "That little stunt you pulled may have been the stupidest and most incredible thing I've seen one of you humans do."

You go to thank him, but you can feel Anti's stare burning holes in your skull. "I- don't be mad. I may or may not have gone to a church and threatened God."

"You-!?" He looked very conflicted, mixed emotions flashing in his eyes. Confusion, realisation, anger, worry, pride. "That was very dangerous! How could you go? Without me? I'm so fucking proud of you!" He engulfed you in a hug, muttering praises and you blushed under Hades' look.

"Oh come on man." you say to the deity. "I was under pressure. Couldn't let them take my Darling from me."

"We were all so proud." he whispers. "Persephone threw a party just for that. Satan came too, we had a blast." He then rolls his eyes, muttering. "You would not believe how hammered the Furies got though. Needed a horde of demons to keep them down there. Pretty sure they're hungover as shit right now."

You chuckled, laying on Anti's lap. "So, plan?" 

"Right!"

///

New character! Hades! The actual god! 

What do you mean I didn't plan out the lore of my universe? I totally know who's supposed to exist! Yeah! I didn't make a jumble of gods from different religions and mythologies without thinking it through! What are you talking about?

I'll end this soon, I just need to figure out how because FUCK I did not plan this far.

A bit shorter than usual, but I felt you guys deserve an update. Thanks for reading, hope you slept/you're sleeping/you'll sleep well!