(𝟎𝟎𝟏.) Ptolemaea,

✩ ━━━ chapter one, ptolemaea

━━━ chapter one, ptolemaea . ❝You got the world but baby at what price. I'd follow you down,❞

"WHY HOPE WAS INSIDE PANDORA'S JAR?"

Percy exhaled softly, eyes fluttering behind closed lids as he lay still, his lips slightly parted.

Slowly and reluctantly, he opened his eyes. The sky above him is beautiful—a pomegranate pink hue, melting into soft violets with bursts of dulcet orange; the colors blended seamlessly amongst the ivory clouds as if painted by an artist's brush. Around him, tall-growing plants and lush green grass swayed melodiously with the pleasant wind. The mountainous area was dotted with various translucent stones and blossoms adorned with bright four-petaled flowers of all sorts of shifting colors. The air was laden with a rich floral scent, carrying whispers of jasmine and lavender.

It's a familiar sight of perfection—a dreamscape.
There is only one person who could have created it.

"I've wondered about it my entire life," the voice continued. "It's interesting. I thought I'd figured it out—and many others did, too. They believed that Zeus placed hope inside the pithos to make sure humans wouldn't give up—to ensure that humans suffered a hopeless eternity just like Prometheus."

Through tearful eyes, Percy asked, "Why?"

Micah smiled, false kindness and patience carved in those lips like a deceitful mask. "I thought I would tell you a story while you're here. You've always liked my voice, haven't you?"

The son of Hypnos maintained his unrelenting gaze, his cruel golden eyes fixated on Percy. "Now, did you think about my question, Pretty Percy?" He persisted, the feathers of his wings rustling with anticipation. "Why was hope inside Pandora's Jar?"

He shook his head wildly, his breathing picking up as he looked around the surrealistic scene. "Nico—Beckendorf? What did you do to them?"

"Careful, Percy, you are making me jealous. Always worrying about others. Am I not right here with you?" Micah hummed faintly, his hands caressing down the side of Percy's face. He smiled when the son of Poseidon began to tremble under his touch. "But I suppose it's okay if it's Nico—I've always liked him. The son of Hades is alive and well, meddling in matters that aren't his concern. He's a good ally to have. That's two things for your pretty head to think about now, though: Nico di Angelo and Pandora's Jar."