(𝟎𝟏𝟏.) Lover of Mine

✩ ━━━ chapter eleven, lover of mine

━━━ chapter eleven, lover of mine. ❝when I take a look at my life and all of my crimes, you're the only thing that I think I got I right,❞

 ❝when I take a look at my life and all of my crimes, you're the only thing that I think I got I right,❞

PERCY CONTEMPLATED THE IDEA OF STAYING IN NEW YORK HARBOR FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE. He would rather risk the possibly radioactive water and grow a third arm than to face an inconsolable Hisa Matsuoka. In his defense, Percy didn't know that Hypnos failed to keep Hiroki's mother up to date about his double-identity as Micah, or his existence in general outside of trivial 'he is alive.'

No wonder she couldn't stop crying—she went from grieving her eight-year-old son's departure to suddenly finding out her eighteen-year-old son is the number two most wanted enemy of Olympus. Oh, and gay, too, because the first thing isn't shocking enough.

"He is really innocent," Percy tried to comfort the woman. "At least, like, eighty-five percent sure. Lord Hypnos and I are working on it."

Hisa let out another strangled sob and Naoki glared at him. He spoke to his mother in Japanese, then turned to Percy; "Take us to Hiroki."

Percy winced. "He is sort of busy right now—"

"The little twerp," Naoki said harshly, jabbing his finger into Percy's chest. "That idiot you are dating is my little brother, and he ran away ten years ago. I don't care if he is suddenly the second coming of Jesus H. Christ or the Anti-Christ about to blow up the world, you are going to take me to him and I'll—I will make him snort glass!"

Percy tried to ignore Naoki's full-body trembling and the way his voice broke. He nodded slowly, not wanting to provoke another outburst by mentioning that Hiroki has no memory of his family. Instead, he asked. "Can you fight?"

The twenty-or-so-year-old seemed fit, muscular enough to hopefully be trained by Hypnos, but Naoki just narrowed his eyes. "Are you an idiot? Of course not! I'm not a demigod, and I'm the adopted son of the laziest god. Hiroki is a... The mutated miracle we can't explain."

Percy agreed with him; how someone as brilliant and handsome as Hiroki is real remains a mystery.

Hisa smacked her oldest son's shoulder. "Do not call your brother a mutation!"