(𝟎𝟏𝟐.𝟎𝟐) A Poppy-Stem and the River Lethe,

✩ ━━━ chapter twelve, part two, a poppy-stem and the river lethe

━━━ chapter twelve, part two, a poppy-stem and the river lethe. I don't think I can overcome it.I've fallen under your hypnosis and can't forget you. The only person who can free me is you,

IN MOUNT OLYMPUS, NAOKI MATSUOKA GUARDED THE ENTRANCE OF THE MAIN PALACE WITH A PACK OF GROWLING HELLHOUNDS

IN MOUNT OLYMPUS, NAOKI MATSUOKA GUARDED THE ENTRANCE OF THE MAIN PALACE WITH A PACK OF GROWLING HELLHOUNDS. Percy eyed the creatures warily, still remembering all those who campers who were slaughtered by the same snarling teeth. Seated on top of the largest Hellhound, Naoki looked a little pale, clutching a sword tightly. When he caught sight of the son of Poseidon, his tense posture collapsed.

"Thank God!" The older boy nearly shouted with relief, shoving his face into the Hellhound's smooth ink-black fur. "Finally, someone competent! Here, take my spot, jackass!"

Percy didn't know how to respond. He eyed Hiroki's brother wirily and asked. "Where is Lord Hypnos?"

Naoki slid off the Hellhound, patting it once to signal the creature to stay still. "No clue," he said lightly, handing Percy his word eagerly. "He told me to scream if anyone showed up, but I think he meant, like, the enemy dude. I can still scream if you want? I've been dying to do it since your shmuck face showed up at mom's store."

"Uh, no, it's fine." Percy pushed the Celestial Bronze sword back to the human. He sidestepped him, patting Naoki on the shoulder. "But scream if you need help or something,"

"I'm a music instructor, not a half-blood," Naoki told him. "I don't know what I'm doing. I will scream nonstop. All the time. The entire time, Jackson."

"You are nothing like your brother," Percy noted, steps faltering as he turned to look back him.

Naoki sent him a bitter look. "Not like I would know."

Percy tried not to grimace. He gripped the red poppy, wishing he could comfort the man. As he turned to leave, he told Naoki. "You'll see him soon,"

He ran to the throne room with new vigor, barely noticing the minor gods loitering about. Lord Hypnos stood in front of a table as deities surrounded him, pointing to the map laid in front of them. Next to him, Hisa listened to the god of sleep analytically. Looking at the two together, maybe Micah is not as inexplicable as everyone says.