(𝟎𝟎𝟐.) Our Humanity,

✩ ━━━ chapter two, our humanity

━━━ chapter two, our humanity. ❝If I could feel your touch, if I could be your love,❞

"HAVE YOU EVER NOTICE HOW HUMANS THE GREEKS TRULY ARE?" Percy turned to his side, grains of sand sticking to his cheek when he lifted his head from the ground

"HAVE YOU EVER NOTICE HOW HUMANS THE GREEKS TRULY ARE?" Percy turned to his side, grains of sand sticking to his cheek when he lifted his head from the ground. The wind was blowing lightly, waves crashing against the shore as seagulls screeched above them.

Micah laid next to him, blond curls moving with the light wind, large wings fluttering with the breeze, pitch-black feathers gleaming with the reflection of the sunlight. "No, but I have a feeling you're going to tell me anyway," Percy replied, closing his eyes again.

"Well, if you're not interested," Micah sounded a little miffed. "Then I suggest waking up. Now, to what I was saying─" Percy couldn't help but smiled at the familiar tone of displeasure, digging his toes into the sand.

"Greek deities are very similar to humans." Micah lifted a hand to the burning sun. Apollo, imagined Percy. "Egyptians, Eastern Akkadian, Mesopotamian─They all portray their Gods with animalistic traits, or in complete control of nature, with no fear or humanity. "

Micah sat up, wings fluttering to remove grains of sand that clung on. Percy sat up as well. "But the Greeks, they are just like humans. Behaved the same, acted and thought the same way as well─that's why gods and their myths are still popular even today."

Percy rested his head on his knees. "That's nice, but why are you telling me this?"

"Listen to me thoroughly, then you will understand." Micah didn't sound angry, or disappointed as Annabeth would. Instead, he continued to speak with all the indulgence dripping off each word. Percy suddenly missed Micah, an aching sort of hurt. "It's a weakness. Do you see, Percy?"

"The Greek deities," Micah spoke with purpose. "They mirror humanity: It's their biggest strength and weakness. If every human has a fear, then everything with a touch of humanity does as well."

Percy's eyebrows furrowed. "Are you saying the Gods are afraid? Everyone is afraid of him, idiot." How could they not be? It's Kronos, the King of the Titans and arguably one of the most powerful beings ever.