(𝟎𝟏𝟎.) Marutsuke,

✩ ━━━ chapter ten, marutsuke

━━━ chapter ten, marutsuke. ❝Kindness is like building blocks. It can pile up high but it will become unstable,❞

 It can pile up high but it will become unstable,❞

LORD HYPNOS SCOUTED THE SKY. With his enormous wings, he traveled the length of Long Island Sound and Ellis Island at once. The half-bloods waited for his return anxiously. Using Daedalus's shield, they had seen the dozen speed boats filled demigods and monsters' alike moments from arriving. When the god returned to land, he explained. "All the mortals in the city of Manhattan have fallen asleep. Kronos is slowing down time; with the help of Hecate's magic, those outside a certain perimeter will subconsciously avoid the war."

Annabeth nodded. "We shouldn't expect any help coming in."

Hypnos agreed, thinly-veiled suspension in his radiant eyes. "Yes, or any mortal casualties."

The god of sleep glanced at Percy, not at all discreet. Annabeth narrowed her eyes; she tilted her head questionably, but he waved her away. He looked at the loyal campers, anticipating for his guidance—Forty campers and a minor god versus an army of three hundred, numerous titans and a legion of monsters didn't make an obvious victory. But like the god implied, maybe—hopefully—they have the oversight of Hiroki Matsuoka, an army on his own.

"All right," Percy decided. "We're going to hold Manhattan."

Silena tugged at her armor. "Um, Percy, Manhattan is huge."

"We are going to hold it," Percy repeated. "We have to."

To live long and unfulfilled, or to die in glory and honor, he heard Micah's cruel voice. Then, he thought of Hiroki whispering against Percy's lips, Let's have a night where it's just us and the stars. They are the same person—Percy's only love; because he knows their souls are one and no force, divine and else, can keep them apart.

"All right, enough!" Percy ordered the campers. "The Holland Tunnel. Jake, take the Hephaestus cabin there. Use Greek fire, set traps. Whatever you've got."

Jake Mason grinned, and the whole cabin roared in approval. "Gladly. We've got a score to settle—for Beckendorf!"

That's when Annabeth cried out, "Thalia!"