(𝟎𝟎𝟖.) Memories Of Old Age,

✩ ━━━ chapter eight, memories of old age

━━━ chapter eight, memories of old age. ❝A hand that can't be reached without; we're turning around now, each on a different path,❞

"SWEETIE, DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN!" His mom's voice is faint, too far away to wake him up properly. Percy breathed out a soft groan, burrowed deeper into the bed, stretching underneath the weight of his warm blankets. The light was still shut off, and his bedroom remained dark; the only source of life was the sunlight filtering through the curtain, setting a warm orange cast, and the opened door. He heard the faint sound of the wooden floor creaking under the weight, light steps coming to a stop next to him. Percy's eyes fluttered shut as the weight of the bed shifted.

"Is it nap time?" Micah whispered, close enough to Percy's ear to make him keep him awake for another second, settling underneath the bedcovers. "I love nap time."

Percy nodded a little mindless, barely conscious. Micah laughed lowly, and if Percy focused, he could hear his mother's steps in the living room and the sound of a radio playing.

Micah's arm wrapped itself around Percy's stomach, his hand grasping Percy's own. "Close the door," Percy's voice cracked. Micah made a sound of consideration, cradling their joined hands to Percy's chest.

He felt Micah's forehead pressed to the back of his head. "No thank you. Don't think I don't know about Medusa's severed head," he laughed quietly.

Percy buried a sleepy smile against his pillow. "So, you know I'll use it if you don't shut the door," He laughed when Micah kicked him, wrapping his leg over Percy when he began to move away.

Micah held him tight. "But we're comfortable right now, Percy. Will you really get up to fetch the old hag's head when you have me in your bed?"

Percy covered his head with the blanket. "I—It's nap time; shut up!" He couldn't stop smiling. "Why are you even here, anyway?" He asked, trying to calm the way his heart kept beating a little too fast.

"I am here to take a nap." Micah declared, hand traveling under Percy's shirt mischievously. "Since I finished my quest earlier than expected, I figured I could stop by since I was around the neighborhood."

Percy lifted the blanket, unable to stop a goofy smile from surfacing. "You said your quest was to Mount Othrys... I don't know about your geographical skills, Micah, but San Francisco isn't that close to New York."

"So maybe I had to travel a little." the older boy commented nonchalantly, pitching Percy's hip. "Nothing too far to keep me from seeing you,"

His mother's singing echoed through the hallway, and Micah looked at the opened door, tilting his head. "And I don't know about you, Percy, but Sally is a little ridiculous if she thinks an opened door will stop me from kissing my date."

Percy let out a small noise when Micah wrapped both his hands around his hips, bringing him closer. "Date?" He asked a little breathlessly. Micah raised an eyebrow, face awfully close to Percy's.