Harry owns a candle business

i.

Y/N liked candles.

It was simple as that – really – she liked how they looked, liked their vibrant colors, and pretty labels. She liked the feeling of lighting a candle after a long day, plopping down on the couch and relaxing for the first time in what feels like forever, knowing that she was home for the night. She liked the smell, of course, and the way it lingers. The different scents for different seasons; from food to floral, Christmas to Spring, Vanilla Pumpkin to Sparkling Limeade.

All in all, Y/N really fucking liked candles. The amount of money she spends on them alone is just a bit ridiculous, but she throws out the receipt and pretends it didn't happen. So when Liam comes by and sees that's she's got a new candle lit, giving her one of those pointed looks that said, "I thought the last one was the last one", she diverts the topic to the animal shelter he volunteers at. Knows that this will get him going and he'll forget all about her reckless candle spending.

And it's not like any were all too expensive. They were generally a good amount for a lot, and really the only candle she spent more than she could afford were the ones produced by Harry Styles. but who could blame her, honestly? The best of the best, with glass surrounding the wax never smudging black with soot, and cylinder casings that has a mouth which opens up wider and it is just presented so nice, with nice pretty labels and the best choice of color for the scent.

The smell went exactly by the name (whether it be Funnel Cakes, Autumn Maple Leaves, Christmas Tree, or Wisteria Willows – the scent you want was the scent you got, almost scary accurate, and delightful), and it lingers for much longer than a normal candle would. Smelling it at least days after burning, and they sure did last for a long while.

Y/N had gotten her first Harry Styles' candle from Liam on her birthday, which he told her not to burn up too quickly and it should last for a while so she wouldn't have to go out and buy more. Though Liam only unknowingly started her in on something like browsing the website late at night, trying to decide what price was too much for a candle. Wonders if considering getting another job so she could afford a Lemonade candle was a problem.

And it didn't help that Harry Styles was beautiful – with hair long, falling to his shoulders and in wispy curls, eyes a green that Y/N had compared to quite a few of his green candles, and lips sometimes dark, other times pale, tongue pink as taffy, and a big dimpled smile. He was right pretty if you'd ask her, making enough money to be at ease while ordering from an expensive diner, or buying a car, or a house, or whatever he does with it. In the few interviews he's done about his company, Y/N could tell he was sweet, considerate, and down to earth for being so young in the game. She thinks if she ever met him she might shit herself ... maybe piss herself – either or her shorts would be ruined in some way.

So when Zayn – who always entertains her love of candles – manages to get them both a ticket for a tour around the factory and a chance to meet Harry himself, Y/N screams. Kisses Zayn's cheek two thousands time, offers him a blowie whenever he wants it, and curls herself around him like a second skin. Repeating, "You're the absolute greatest!" over a million times, until she can quell the stir and buzz of the bones for when she's on her own, "Thank you Zayn, thank you, thank you, thank you."

Zayn smiles at her, "Figured it'd make you happy... and I had to redeem myself for that terrible candle I got you from the soap place – the one that smelled like rotting fruit."

"This makes up for it a thousand times over, like – you never have to get me a birthday present or anything again. I read that during these tours they give out a lot of samples and even a complimentary candle at the end! Isn't that great? And we can eat breakfast before, and watch Nanny 911 after, it'll be so great, the best of days, we can invite Liam over to sleepover and –"