Harry and Y/N hate each other...but things change

DISCLAIMER: This is an A/B/O dynamic fic, I've tried to add a link kind of explaining it but I don't know how wattpad works at ALL but if you google "omegaverse explained" then a whole lot should come up. . Every universe for it is different so if mine doesn't follow exactly what you read then that's why. If you're not into this stuff then this is not the fic for you!!

i.

Harry doesn't like Y/N.

Plain and simple, as straight as he can make it – there is something about the girl that just gets on his damn nerves. Whether it be how she floats around like she owns the god damn world, or how she talks to him like he's beneath her. Like just because he didn't have to go to college to get where he is today, made him less qualified and deserving of his position in his family-run company. That while she's wilting away in student debt in her third year of college, somehow she's better than him. That just because Alpha's have a track record of being douchey, entitled pricks, he's automatically lumped in with the whole of them. If anyone is the entitled prick it's her, he would say – the fucking arse. Thought she was above all the alpha/omega dynamics just because she was a beta, so blissfully unaware of the actual nitty-gritty aspects of it but coined it off as alpha's being power-hungry dicks instead of doing what's in their nature and what is best for their omega.

All of it pisses him off – it's why he can't stand her. Why he can't stand that his friends like her. Why he can't for the life of him stand when they're forced to be in the same room together, yet nobody considers either of their feelings in the matter when they decide to invite them both along.

So why is he outside of her door at 2 AM, smelling of his expensive brandy, wet from rain, with tears threatening beneath his eyes?

Well, he couldn't be sure.

The night had started out just fine. Harry was taking a nice girl out on a date at a restaurant in the center of town – one where the wine isn't optional, the waiters wear all white without a smudge of a stain, and nothing on the menu costs less than seventy dollars. He'd picked her up half-past five, talked her up in the car, ate steak and linguini, went out for drinks after and...he doesn't know what went wrong. Everything was fine until it wasn't and Harry realized he didn't want to be out with this girl at all – maybe it was the way she kept asking about business...each question leading to how much he's making, where his expensive suit is from, how he affords all of his cars. Maybe it was because each time a particularly handsome bartender with a cutting jawline would pass by, she'd wink all cutesy at him and tell Harry she was just bartering for them to get free drinks. Or maybe it was his lack of interest in her as a person, because it dwindled with their conversation until she'd somehow resorted to just a pretty-faced omega looking to get in his wallet.

Whatever it was, it's why he cut the date short. Took her home early, returned to his humble abode, and preceded to get soused on brandy, reveling in his own self-doubt in an immense pity party. Then called up an Uber to take his drunk arse from his home to Y/N's, which he'd remembered from a long time of hitching a ride with his friends and them stopping by to pick her up. Liam was the worst of it – always wanted her around so always made a point of stopping by to get her, a trip Harry has made plenty of times.

(It's always confused him Liam's interest in her. It was in no way romantic as one might think it'd be because Liam had a girlfriend but for some reason, he genuinely cared about such a dick of a person. The only explanation he'd give was "she's had it hard" but who the very well hasn't? Harry's gone through shitty things too but nobody is going out of their way to pick him up and pay for his meal when he's short on cash, but that's neither here nor there, he supposes.)