Let's-A Go

In a similar fashion to the Classic Modes of past games, Mario's opponents are groups of fighters from various universes fought on a home stage from that universe.

Opponents:

Link and Zelda (Great Plateau Tower) 
Kirby, Meta Knight, and King Dedede (Green Greens)
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong (Kongo Falls)
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Pikachu (Pokemon Stadium)
Marth, Chrom, and Ike (Coliseum)
Bowser Jr. & the Koopalings (Princess Peach's Castle)
Bowser/Giga Bowser (Final Destination)

Songs Used:

Overworld Theme- The Legend of Zelda (Brawl)
Green Greens (Melee)
Jungle Level (Melee)
Main Theme- Pokemon Red & Blue (Brawl)
Story 5 Meeting
Fortress Boss- Super Mario Bros 3
King Bowser- Super Mario Bros 3
Giga Bowser (Melee)

Note: Pokemon Trainer is absent, The Koopalings are fought in the order Mario faces them in SMB3, and a Maxim Tomato will spawn in between rounds with Bowser.

Bowser: Bwah, ha, ha, ha!

Bowser just finished kidnapping Princess Peach and forcefully put her on his airship into a cage.

Peach: Mario!
Bowser: I doubt that Mario would be coming to your rescue anytime soon, Princess.

Mario just made outside on the roof of the castle, realizing he was too late. Mario tried throwing Cappy, in hoping to Cap Jump but failed.

Mario: No.

Bowser: Ha, ha, ha. If you want her back come and meet me at the Final Destination.

Mario was angry.

Peach: Marioooooo!!!!!!!

They left.

Cappy: What should we do, Mario?
Mario: Go to the Final Destination. And to get there, we have to cross different worlds of the universe.

Mario left. First, traveled to New Hyrule.

Mario: Usually, Bowser doesn't really go through different worlds to end up fighting me. It seems like he gets more extravagant every time he kidnaps Peach. Furthermore, I will get the princess back safely.

One the way to Final Destination, Mario traveled to Hyrule, atop the Great Plateau Tower.

Mario: This tower is huge. But hopefully, this leads me the Final Destination.

???: Well look who it is.

Link appeared to greet his old acquaintance.

Mario: Link? You look different. No green tunic or the elf-looking hat.

Link: I am the new incarnation of the Hero of Hyrule, known as the Champion of Hyrule. But I still retain all the memories of my past incarnations. 

Mario: It's like talking to the same old Link.

Link: I see you haven't change. Except for the fact that your cap grew eyeballs.

Mario: Long story. But he's really friendly.

???: Mario! What an excellent surprise!

Mario turned around to see Zelda, who appeared to look younger than before. 

Mario: Princess Zelda! Hello!

Zelda: It's been a long time. I'm the incarnation of Zelda from a parallel universe, but I retain the memories of the princess during the events of the ocarina.