Chapter 6

"Why would you want to know?"

                ♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔

They left the room, stunned of what they saw. Even though they knew that Mikaze was a robot, some still can't accept that fact. Katakiri and Kei went outside with them but Reiji stayed behind the room.

Ittoki took a deep sharp breath while Syo smacked his face.

"That was... the least thing I'll be expecting," Hijirikawa said and had his thumb and index finger pinching the upper part of his nose. Ren nods. Natsuki looked at the door of the room they just entered and frowned, worrying over Reiji.

Ranmaru, Camus and the professor came down a minute later when they all left the room. The professor looked at them and he immediately got what just happened.

"Kisaragi-hakase, Mikaze—-" 

"As I told you lot, Mikaze is a robot. It's been a while since I last check on him so his under maintenance." He browsed the group and when he didn't saw Reiji with them, he asked them.

"He stayed inside, hakase," Kei replied and the professor nodded. The professor looked at the group. He opened the door and saw Reiji looking down on the floor.

"Reiji, do you now want to see Aine?" Reiji looked at the professor then to Katakiri and Kei and he nods. The professor looked at the ST☆RISH members to the two QUARTET NIGHT members.

"How about the two of you?" They all looked at one another and they just nodded. Reiji stepped aside and let the professor lead. When Camus and Ranmaru passed Mikaze, they didn't said a word but their faces slightly changed and their chest tightens and begun to ache a little.

A few corners were passed by and those filled with flask and chemicals inside. 

"Kisaragi-hakase," Hijirikawa called out and the professor stopped and looked at him. "Just what kind of a professor are you?"

"Hn, with all the random things inside this room, it's kinda hard to tell..." Ren commented, Kisaragi-hakase smiled at what Ren said and he continues to walk as he talks.

"I like mixing chemicals here and there but I also like building stuffs from scratch. Ai here is a masterpiece of mine." He walks to where there are manikins lying on the floor, some just sitting. He stood up and faced Reiji in the eye. "I am actually surprised that you were able to make Ai sing."

"Isn't he programmed to sing?" The professor shook his head.

"He was only programmed to do the everyday activities of a man. I was just really surprised when there was one time where I heard Ai's voice in a radio along with you QUARTET NIGHT. I actually wanted to visit Ai and check on him but then I had no time."

Natsuki nodded and turned to Syo, "There was actually one time where his arms fell..." 

"Oya, weren't you guys creeped out about that?" Ren said in a hush tone and Natsuki shook his head. The professor thanked Natsuki for the information. As they walked in deeper the room of the basement, the hallway got narrower and narrower until they walked in pairs.

Behind Cecil were Camus and Ranmaru who haven't talked ever since they went down the basement. Cecil looked behind his shoulder. He suddenly remembered that they weren't with them when they all went down the basement and he asked, "Camus, where were you a while ago?"

Camus and Ranmaru looked at each other and Camus sighed. Cecil titled his head a bit to the left and Camus opened his mouth and told Cecil that he just asked some stuffs to the professor. "And don't bother asked me what it was," He strictly ordered and Cecil obeyed and continued to walk forward.

Ranmaru looked at Camus and he immediately knew what Camus was thinking.

"Ne Camus, do you think Kisaragi-hakase would tell Reiji?" Ranmaru whispered and he shrugs.

"It depends if that hakase would tell Reiji." He looks at Ranmaru and then to Cecil's back and said, "But then whatever that hakase told us, it'd better not leak out."

                                                     ♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔

"Why would you want to know?"

"I know it has nothing to do with me and Camus, but it concerns with Reiji and not to mention that Ai's a robot..."

"Besides, Kisaragi-hakase," Camus said, standing up, "There should be a reason of why Aine committed...suicide, correct??" And from this statement of Camus, the professor smiled.

"Where are you from?"

"I will gladly answer your question if you answer ours." Camus countered him and Ranmaru looked at him and then faced the professor.

"I did already tell you that Aine drowned himself because of the pressures he's been getting from the company. Kei visited my place once when Aine was sick and he told me everything but then even though he was under pressure, Aine was still smiling, especially when he's receiving text messages from Rei-kun.

"They were recording a new album of Aine's, *Virginal if I'm not mistaken. Kei told me that he needs to dance while singing. Aine's perfect at lip-syncing, and I'm not saying that he lip-sync's on live concerts, but then the director was in a foul mood that day and they kept on practising and practising.

"One time around that same week, I called my sister who's his mother and when I asked for Aine and they told me that he wasn't home yet, so I called Kei and told me that they'll be shooting the whole video overnight, him composing for another song.

"And the following day, after Aine's overnight practice, he went to my place and you can finish the whole puzzle." Kisaragi-hakase explained and then he looked at Camus.

Camus sighed and then answerd, "I am the Court of the Silk Palace from the country of Permafrost, serving the Silk Queen."

"Hn... A Court you say?"

"Tch, you and that Prince of Agnopolis really are alike..." Ranmaru said which made the professor looked at him and wanted to ask but he holds himself.

"Well, why don't we all go down?" The professor said and they all stood up and then went down to the basement.

                                                     ♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔

Reiji was following Kisaragi-hakase through the narrow hallway and was silent all the way, didn't even bother to look behind his shoulder.

I was so stupid... Why didn't I realize Aine's pain sonner?! All these were revolving around Reiji's mind and his palm balled into a fist and was clenching it hard, gritting his teeth with anger.

Kei and Katakiri were behind him, both looked at each other and then looked at Reiji's back.

It's always been you, Rei... Always turning the negative to a positive one...

<~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~|~>

*Virginal is a new album of Aoi Shouta~kun and since Aine~san and Mikaze~kun are of the same voices (I hope) I just inserted Aoi~kun's song here~ 

                 ♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔

                                ♔ Uta no Prince-sama fanfic: A.Ine ♔

                ♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔♫♔