.13

"your fortune says.... "wealth awaits you very soon." wren balled up the small piece of paper and smiled widely at her boyfriend. "babe! what if it's true? what if ian bust through the door right now and said that y'all got booked for your first tour!" joba laughed at her outlandish and oddly specific statement but deep down hoped she was right. he wanted so badly for the music thing to take off. they all worked so hard and yeah the small gigs were nice, but they craved more recognition. the two sat across from each other on wrens couch, their dinner of lo mein and sesame chicken in between them.

"penny for your thoughts?" wren asked her boyfriend, stuffing a piece of chicken into her mouth. joba smiled and a slight blush formed on his cheeks as he hadn't realized that was staring into space for as long as he was. "nothing really. just thinking about how great it would be if our music got recognized." he shrugged. before she could answer, the was a slight knock on the door.

"i'll get it."

joba got up and opened the front door. there stood ian and merlyn. they both had huge, goofy smiles on their faces.

"what?" joba questioned the boys in front of him. ian was the first to speak. "we're going on tour!" he clapped his hands together and looked at joba, searching for a reaction. joba was speechless. "wha- you're fucking with me. oh my god. you're lying. no way! no fucking way!" a huge grin spread across joba's face and he embraced his best friends. "we're going on tour!"

wren had since joined the trio by the door. "what's this about a tour i hear?" joba turned towards the brown skinned girl and planted soft kisses all over her face. she wrinkled her nose up and kissed him. "i'm proud of you. you doof." ian laughed as him and merlyn made their way inside. "ok you heteros. we get it." wren flicked him off and pulled away from her boyfriend. "i'm so so proud of all of y'all. you deserve it. let's celebrate!"

-
joba stared at the ceiling, waiting for wren to join him in bed. he was at her apartment more than home it seemed like. the blonde closed his eyes and thought. about wren. about the tour. about the future. and about damon.

joba thought damon was faking having cancer. it seemed like a stretch to him. like he was overthinking or subconsciously wanted to ruin the 'friendship' between wren and damon but when you laid out the evidence and the reasoning, it seemed plausible.

beside him on the bed, he felt a sudden weight. "hey." she breathed out. her breath smelt like toothpaste and strawberry gum. "hi." joba wrapped his arms around her and brought her closer to him. she kissed up his jaw, reaching his lips. he returned the favor and deepened the kiss. a small whimper escaped her and she moved so she was straddling him. joba intertwined their hands and kissed her knuckles. "pretty."

-
unknown number - hello

wren - ???
wren - who's this

unknown number - ciaran 😝🤟
'unknown number' changed to "bearface🐻"
bearface🐻 - got ur number from joba
bearface🐻- he doesn't know tho

wren - djfkfmfjd ur weird
wren - wyd tho 😂👌

bearface🐻- this

'wren' changed to 'wren😜'wren😜 - so

wren😜 - so...
wren😜- nothing

bearface🐻- yeah basically
bearface🐻 - r u free tomorrow

wren😜 - um mmm what
wren😜- i have class until 1:30
wren😜- why

bearface🐻- wanna hang
bearface🐻- get lunch or something
bearface🐻- me n u

-
the final bell rang and wren walked out the front door. by this time she'd be in her car on her way home, but ciaran told her that he'd pick her up after class. wren absentmindedly scrolled through her phone for the time being. she felt kind of bad about hanging out with ciaran without joba. she didn't tell him because she didn't know how he'd react. the brown eyed girl contemplated on texting her boyfriend but decided against it. a car pulled in front of her and the horn sounded. she looked up and saw ciaran rolling his window down. "ok get in. i don't have all day."

"oh of course your majesty."

wren walked to the passenger side and got in. ciaran pulled off and hummed quietly to the music playing. she recognized the song as ugotme by omar apollo and she leaned back. "so. where to?" he looked her way briefly and winked before looking forward again. "a surprise."

wren rolled her eyes and placed her feet on top of the car dashboard.
-
joba💙💜- hey babeeeeees
joba💙💜- are you still in class
joba💙💜- i miss u 🥺🥺🥺🥺

wren🤠🥰- yeah :( i won't be
leaving until late
wren🤠🥰- i'll come over after ;)

joba💙💜- ok muah
joba💙💜- stay safe i love you

wren🤠🥰- see you later baby

"marlon's diner. classy." it was ciaran's turn to roll his eyes. "they have the best peach cobbler i've ever had. period." wren laughed and playfully pushed the brunette boy. "stop being sassy."

the duo sat in a booty not too far from the entrance and ordered drinks. they sat in awkward silence for a few minutes before ciaran spoke up. "this is probably weird. you have a boyfriend, who is like my best friend, but you're so cool. i just wanna be your friend." he nervously twiddled with his hands. "ciaran. i don't care. it's not weird. we're friends, this is what friends do." she smiled warmly at him and he returned it. a pink blush rised to his cheeks and he covered his face.

to her surprise, he reach his hand across the table and took hers. ciaran expected her to pull away or get upset with him but instead she squeezed his hand and he swore he could see her face turn red. "smooth move mr. mcdonald."

-
haha ik y'all hate me i'm so busy w school and life but i'm trying to update more i promise'nnbb