Mi Medicina

I see her on the hospital bed. I can't help but cry. I love her too much to see her like this. I can't do this without her. I can't, it would be too hard. She has to wake up. Lana, my wife of a year, she just gave birth to our daughter. And for that I am extremely happy. But she has lost a lot of blood so she has to be operated. In 5 minutes. She has to survive, I can't live without her. Not while we were close to our 2 year marriage anniversary. Not when I know how it is to live with her. Not while raising our daughter. Our little Jada has barely been born. Growing up without any memories of her mom. I would shut down and not talk about her because I would stop breathing. I would have this horrible pain. Everytime I thought, spoke, or someone mentioned her. I couldn't bear it. She has to live. She has to survive. She wouldn't leave without knowing her daughter. Or just leave me forever. I sob uncontrollably and take her hand into mine.

     "Please Lana, por favor, get through this. I know that you can. Fight. Please just don't leave me. I can't live without you. Please live. Breathe. Just be survive this please for me and for Jada. You don't want to leave without knowing her. I know you wouldn't please." I hold her and pray. A few minutes later.

     "Mr. Velez, please. We have to take Lana in. Don't worry, she will be fine. She hasn't had a major drop in blood lose. If not she would be under surgery right now." I sniff and wipe mu eyes.

     "You're right. She will be fine." I walk to the chair that I was sitting on and grabbed my jacket. I walk over to the doorway and look back at my Lana.

She will be fine

     I walk out of the room and take a deep breath. I call my mom. I don't care about minutes that I have.

     "Mami" I choke out as she received the call.

     "Mijo, what happened?" she asked.

     "Lana, just delivered Jada, pero she is losing a lot of blood. So she is under surgery. I almost lost her mama. So far, it's not super dangerous, pero still. You know how I get." I let a few tears fall.

     "Mijo, everything is going to be ok. She will make it. She won't leave you. At all. Even she had Jada or not. She would not. But Mijo, remember to pray. I will pray and I will tell everyone to pray too. But don't worry she will make it."

     "Ok, I will try to not worry. Well that much. Please pray for her. I will call you when I hear more." I hang up and dry my tears. I walk out the doors and head to my car. I want to stay here, but I can't. It's not going to do me any good. Besides, I'll think too much. I have to go out. Besides, I need to tell the group what happened. I pull out my phone and call Erick. 25 minutes later the group is in the hospital. Looking at Jada.

She looks so much like Lana.

The guys are here for support, Lana is like their sister. So not only am I a mess. So are they, I'm just a bit, ok a lot more.

     "Chris, stop it. Look the surgery is almost done. She will be there." Erick tells me. Richard puts his arm on my shoulder.

     "Look everything will be alright. But also remember we are all affected by this. Even Jada, even if she was just born. Speaking of which how do you feel? You're finally a dad!" Richard says, trying to cheer me up. I smile thankful for the gesture.

     "It feels good, but still." Richard nods understanding. 

                                                     ~time skip to Lana getting out of surgery~

     I rush to Lana's room as the nurse finished telling me that she up. I pause outside the door.

Please God, let her be alright. Let her live through this

I sigh and open the door. As soon as I see her I rush to her side and hold her hand.

     "Chris." Is all she says.

     "Lana," I choke out.

     "How is she?" She asks. I smile. Even though she was in danger of dying. She still thinks about Jada. Jada has always been on the top of her mind ever since we found out that she was pregnant. It's like Jada was her antidote, her remedy, her medicine. We both were. And I know that the both of them are mine.

     "She's beautiful." I tell her. She smiles, I can see that she is exhausted. I was about to leave her be when the guys enter the room with things. Joel has some it's a girl ballons, Erick has her favorite cookies, Zabdiel and Richard have some stuffed animals. I look at Lana, even though she is exhausted, I can see how happy she really is.

     "Aww, guys, thank you. I love you all. Really, thank you for being here. It means a lot to me." She holds my hand. "To the both of us." 

     "We are always here for you guys." Zabdiel says. 

     "With anything." Erick adds. 

~Hey guys! Sorry this is a short chapter, but I hope you guys liked it. Tbh  the first half made me cry when I was writing it. ~