Chapter Four: Torn Apart

Doom Slayer's POV

In that moment of time, the first shot was fired from the lever action rifle. The bullet itself pierced through the feral creature's skull into its body, causing it to drop immediately.

*Pow!*

Pushing and pulling on the lever,  another bullet was loaded into the chamber as I fired it at another one. This one in particular pierced through the body into its heart, killing it just as quickly.

*Pow!*

But as accurate as my shots were, there were more of them running towards me than I had in ammunition. As they circled themselves around me, growling with a vicious intent like rabid dogs, I knew right then and there that I was going to have to get my hands dirty.

Couldn't even wait till I was dead, could you?

As the first of many lunged out at me, I swung the rifle at its face like a baseball bat, destroying both the creature's skull and the lever action rifle's stock. Flipping the gun back around, I began firing at another from the hip, letting off four rounds in rapid succession into its chest. Flipping the broken gun around once more, I jammed the broken end of it through the eye of another, killing it. Now without a gun, I ripped out the longest of the creatures many sharp and bloody teeth and used it to slash the throat of its friend, covering my body in its blood as it panicked before falling over in defeat.

Looking back at the giant wolf creature, it began its charge towards me as I walked towards it, debating in my mind on how to deal with such a giant creature. Raising its oversized front paws, the creature began slamming them down where I stood. In that moment, I rolled to the side away from it and began slicing at its eye with the smaller Feral's teeth. Reacting, the creature violently swung its head upward, tossing me upwards.

As I landed on both feet, the creature took a step back and gazed at me before becoming enraged. Its white hair began emitting the familiar red energy; Its gauntlets for paws began to glow a bright shade of red; And its warcry was less of a wolf howling to its comrades, but more of a demon, ready to purge the world of humanity.

 Its white hair began emitting the familiar red energy; Its gauntlets for paws began to glow a bright shade of red; And its warcry was less of a wolf howling to its comrades, but more of a demon, ready to purge the world of humanity

*RAAAAAAAAAAWWWRR!*

Shut up!

Looking around for a weapon to use, I found nothing of any real use, however... behind the creature lied the corpse of one of the security personnel. On him lied a bandolier, strapped with multiple frag grenades. How he got so many, I didn't know, but they were rather convenient at the moment.

Gotta grab those grenades.

Sprinting towards the creature, it once more raised up its front paws, slamming them down towards me. Sliding past, the impact of them caused the ground behind me to sink in a bit, while simultaneously erupting molten magma from said crater. Grabbing the corpse, I pulled off the bandolier and tossed it aside.