Chapter Fourteen: An Unforseen Situation

Arcadia Ind. Headquarters...
New Haven (Berlin), Germany...
3rd Person POV

In the desert land of virtual reality, the twelve trainees of the new SENTINEL program stood guard, waiting for the group of Ferals that Miss Amamiya had stated would come. Looking through the scope of their new rifles, Roxanne and Ruby were the first to spot them from the rooftop of a building encased in sand.

Roxanne: I see Ogretails.

Ruby: Same here. Seven of them. Southeast.

Roxanne: Eh, I only see five. Northeast.

Using the communication system installed in the suits, she began to ask her sister.

Roxanne: See anything, sis?

Natalie: Nothing yet. Wait a second...

Seeing a Vajra sprinting towards the group, she began to ask in confusion.

Natalie: What on Earth is that?

Roxanne: What? What do you see?

Trainee: Vajra!

Trainee: It's a goddamn Vajra!

*MMRRAARRAARROOWWLL!*

Jumping down from the building, Roxanne aimed and fired a round at the Ogretails that waited below her, blowing a hole in the skull of one of them. Transforming the rifle into a naginata, she aimed the blade down into the jaws of the other, piercing it's heart and crushing it's teeth as she landed on it. Taking a second to recover from the jump, she tossed a Siphon grenade in between the two corpses, powering herself up with their energy.

Roxanne: That was fun.

She began sprinting to the front line, where her sister was fighting the other Ogretails. Firing buckshot at one of them, she watched as the pellets tore through bone and flesh with ease. Hearing another charge at her from behind, she spun around like a matador in a bullfight, transforming her compact shotgun into a two handed sword. As the Ogretail passed by, she swung down through the beast's neck, beheading the creature. Noticing more surrounding the others, she too tossed a Siphon grenade in between the two corpses, powering herself up before heading towards them.

Natalie: I can feel the power, coursing though my veins.

As the two met up, they ran to help out the others, struggling to keep the Vajra at bay. Still sitting on top of the building, Ruby was firing .50 caliber rounds at the Vajra/Ogretail group from a distance, tearing off tails and heads of the small fry with each shot.

Ruby: Bah!

Hearing an Ogretail leaping up to her position, she spun around while transforming her weapon into a giant scythe. As the creature pounced, it's eyes widened as it discovered a large scythe being swung in its direction.