Chapter Nine: Virtual Reality

Two Weeks Later....
Arcadia Ind. Headquarters...
New Haven (Berlin), Germany...
3rd Person POV

Tsubaki: Close your eyes and remain motionless

Tsubaki: Close your eyes and remain motionless. Any form of peeking will immediately disqualify you from the program.

Though the main focus was on physical training, the first fourteen days were a figurative hell for all the new recruits. Out of the one hundred and sixty people that chose to participate in the program, only a total of twelve have gone on to the next phase of the training. Only three of the twelve that remained were women: both the Blazkowicz girls, and Miss Rose.

Laying down in a memory foam chamber, the trainees did as they told as Miss Amamiya soon joined them.

Tsubaki: Heading inside in 5...4...3...2...1.

As she finished, everyone inside lacked any of the five senses. They could only see darkness, smell nothing, feel nothing but the air, taste only the saliva in their mouths, and hear only silence. After a moment of nothingness, their senses began to function once more.

Ruby: Blech! What's that smell?

Tsubaki: Miss Rose. Silence.

Ruby: Sorry.

They began to smell wet sage all around them; Feel the sun beating down on them; Hear loose sand sinking around their feet; And taste the dry air within.

Tsubaki: Using everything but your sight, can you determine where you are?

Natalie: A-.

Tsubaki: Keep it to yourselves and open your eyes slowly.

Doing as they were told, they discovered that they were astonished to indeed find themselves where they had guessed: in a desert. More particularly, a once wonderous city now engulfed by desert stone and sand.

As they looked around in wonder at the sight, Miss Amamiya proceeded to stand in front of them while holding a large tablet in her hands

Trainee: Woah!

Trainee: Holy smokes!

Roxanne: What is this place?

Tsubaki: What you see before you is New Haven, albeit in an alternate reality.