Chapter Thirteen: The Slaughterhouse

Houston, Texas...
Doom Slayer's POV

Standing in the middle of what was to be an execution arena, I waited as several small monsters emerge from the open steel doors. The same raptors and one-eyed bats as before. But behind them, a large creature joined the fight. It's armored body strongly resembling that of a sabretooth tiger. As it walked out, the crowd began to gasp and panic by its presence. Even the young girl I had "rescued" cried out in fear as she began to run.

 Even the young girl I had "rescued" cried out in fear as she began to run

What the hell is-?

Maya: VAJRA!

*MMRRAARRAARROOWWLL!*

As it roared, the large creature began to move, pouncing over the others towards me.

That a huge kitty.

VEGA: Stating the obvious.

Maya: Move!

Oi!

Dashing to the right, I waited as the creature's front paws landed where I once stood, creating small craters in the dirt. As it did so, I aimed and fired the Super Shotgun's pair of shells into its face, resulting in only a few chips of its bone-like armor and a chip in one of its large teeth.

Huh?

VEGA: It seems that-.

OOMPF!

Interrupting our conversation, the Vajra swung its massive paw at me, tossing me back a bit as I began thinking.

Stupid cat!

VEGA: The Vajra must be a resilant creature to withstand the power of the Super Shotgun. Caution-.

The creature lept once more at me, causing me to dash back and repeat the same thing, albeit dodging its counter attack upon firing and lettibg it kill the other Ferals. Despite being three times my height and ten times my weight, the creature moved around at inhuman speeds, like myself

VEGA: ...is advised.

So I've noticed.

I continued the cycle of dodging and firing, chipping away at the creature's armor and letting it slice apart the other Ferals in its way. When the bullets in the Super Shotgun began to hit flesh, however, the creature became enraged.

*MMRROOWWLL!*

As it roared, the brightly lit cape-like organ that lied on its back began to produce the familiar red energy, spreading it all over its own body like a shield of red lightning.

VEGA: Well...this is new.

As it produces more, I began to see a bright red light eminating from the creature. A sign of bad things to come.