𝐕 - 𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕲𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝕲𝖔𝖉, 𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝕰𝖛𝖎𝖑 𝖋𝖗𝖔𝖒 𝕸𝖆𝖓

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓 - 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐆𝐨𝐝, 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐌𝐚𝐧

"𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐝𝐨𝐦."

(Unbeta Version)

Kingdom of Kaen

"What is it, father? It must be really important if you were setting your foot in my chamber at this hour..."

The King of Kaen stares at his prince who had already in his night satin robe - ready to sleep. Taehyung gives the cold shoulder at his father's presence, lift up his furry blanket and get on his bed. He then leaned on the headboard that made from mahogany, painted with gold; now looking at his father with unrelenting expression.

"It's the time for me to sleep, father. I need to attend a trade meeting tomorrow with the Labors Association in the early morning. You know how I need my nine hours sleep to freshen up and energetic..." he said nonchalantly.

The King ignores his narcissist demeanor, took a seat at the corner of the room. He can hear how his son makes a clicked sound with his tongue - rude and ruthless. But the King didn't take it to his heart, knowingly his son is purposely facades such act. The reason behind this was his mother's death three years ago.

Taehyung despised the King for dismissing his pleas to re-open his mother's death investigation. He believes that his mother had been poisoned to death. However, the Royal Apothecary¹ had made his finding that the Queen demised was due to an unknown plague that erupted around the Kaen at that particular time. The symptoms are similar to the other victims and there could be no other reason behind her death. Nothing suspicious.

Taehyung overruled the finding. He was resolved that the late Queen was the prey of his enemy's scheme. The King knew that his son's was devastated that his beloved mother had died out of sudden. The late Queen had a strong bond with their alpha prince. She had nurtured the prince since birth without any help from the maidservant. The Queen had been caring for the prince and indulging with every attention, comfort, and kindness since Taehyung was their only son and the heir of Kaen. The sudden loss had affected Taehyung gravely until he turned out to be a narcissist and a cold-hearted prince.

"About the ally with the Erauri..."

"What's wrong with that? I had sent our proposal. We will receive their answer to that within two days..." intercepts Taehyung impatiently.