SIX (Ruby POV)

I finish buttoning my black shirt over my chest and turn around heaving a sigh, walking a few steps to get closer to the bed and leaning my hands on my hips. I stare at her quietly thanks to the soft moonlight that comes through the window: Iselen is lying on the mattress sound asleep, her beautiful hair spreading on the pillow and her breasts moving up and down following her breathing rhythm: her perfect and rosy nipples drawn my eyes like a magnet and I can't help flashing a sultry smile. Leaning my fingertips on her ankle, I slide them up her leg in a gentle caress, scratching her silky thigh slightly with my short nails, stopping at her groin for a split second while biting my lower lip...

"Sweet and spicy..." I whisper... exactly like her blood, as I suspected. I could savour her pussy again, rubbing her delicious clit with my tongue and making her orgasm in her dreams... my fingers touch her waxed pubis gently while thinking about it but I dismiss the idea when I notice the dark circles under her eyes: she needs to rest. I sigh disappointed before putting my hand on one of her soft breasts, squeezing it slightly... it's been centuries since the last time I felt someone so close to me, human or vampire, and every time I touch her warm skin I got into some kind of trance. It seems that I can't keep my hands off her but I have to go now... the dawn will be here soon.

I grab the sheets that are tangled under her feet and tug at them in order to cover her body before doing the same with the blanket, I brush a lock of hair away from her forehead slowly while frowning... I promised that I wasn't going to drink from her veins again and the truth is that I can still feel her blood in my system but she's so delicious that's impossible to resist and, besides, I'm not biting her precisely... Holding her wrist firmly with my hand, I move it closer to my mouth where one of my fangs is sticking out enough to make a small scratch with the sharp tip. A single drop of red blood runs down her pale skin and I watch it entranced before licking it slowly, I close my eyes in order to enjoy her taste on my tongue for a minute before kissing her hand and let it drop on the mattress.

"Pretty girl..." I whisper looking at her for the last time before turning around, grabbing my cape and hood and leaving the room closing the door behind me with great care. I stop abruptly in the middle of her office, thinking... I just remembered that several people have requested an audience to see me and I decided to meet them tomorrow, there's a high chance that I won't finish my meetings in time to come here and visit my pet and I bet my enormous fortune that she'll spent the whole day nervous and without eating a bite again, fearing the moment I'll walk through that door like she did tonight. I'm not worried about her escaping from me, I think she's finally understood that she's trapped and I'm not going to hurt her, but I have several eyes watching all of her movements just in case... even her cat is my spy although she's not aware of that. I decide to write a note and leaving it on her desk, explaining that I won't be able to come tomorrow night so she'll spend her day calmly and, if I finish before I think with the audiences after all, I'll give her a good scare appearing suddenly. I can't help chuckling while leaving the building picturing her shocked face in my mind.

I walk thought the dark gates of the fortress smiling while several vampires bow before me and stare at me in awe. All right... I'm willing to admit that I've been slightly cranky lately and my mood has changed radically since the moment I met a tavern owner who amuses me. Maybe my last punishments have been hard but I'm not apologizing for that, ruling directly a big group of temperamental vampires and also serving as union symbol and moral authority reference for those who wander freely around the world is not that easy.

My palace, wherever it is throughout the centuries, is the safe meeting place for all the vampires and my audience chamber is the room where they can make a complaint or demand justice to avenge an affront. Rarely are the occasions when I have to get involved personally since vampires are very capable of dealing with a conflict between themselves, killing their enemies fast and discreetly usually, but sometimes an argument escalates to dangerous levels of violence or even war and my intervention is necessary in order to avoid the deaths of many humans caught up in the conflict. We need to keep them in the dark about our existence, not because they can join forces in order to attack us given that we're powerful enough to fight them back, but because experience has taught us that this way's easier. Otherwise, we should become unmerciful tyrants constantly in order to control them through terror and it'd be a hard work... on the contrary, if they don't know about our existence we can feed on them from the shadows without getting involved in their boring human lives.