SIXTEEN (Ruby POV)

"Wait, what are you doing?" Iselen pulls away, her hands push my shoulders abruptly and she looks around scared. "This is a temple, a sacred place, we can't kiss here," she whispers worried pointing at the goddess and lions. I try to hold back my laughter unsuccessfully and she looks back at me, offended.

"Of course we can, my queen. Inanna is the goddess of love... and sex. How do you think we worship her? Rituals sometimes involve... you know..." My consort stares at me confused while my eyes rake all over her body from head to toe and I smile mischievously. "I'd better show you..."

I hold Iselen by her arms before she can move or even complain, my lips meet hers in a filthy kiss and she answers enthusiastically after a couple of seconds hesitating. I get up dragging her with me, forcing her to sit down on the stone altar before unbuttoning her shirt, my tongue dances with hers while my fingers find her nipples and my mouth muffles her moan. My lover's skin gets goose bumps, probably because of the fresh air inside this sandstone building but, before I can react, the goddess' flames rise up and the fire provides a lovely heat to the massive room... I frown while sucking the lower lip of my girl, perplexed, till I realize that only Inanna can do this... the goddess is pleased with our union. I smile against her mouth: if the Mistress of the Starry Skies wants a show, I'll give it to her.

Iselen opens her eyes wide but doesn't move away when I get closer and kiss her again. My hands slip down her shoulders, her breasts, her ribs, getting rid of her clothes and muffling her complains with my lips. Her taste is delicious and her orange blossom perfume smells stronger when I touch her and her skin gets hot under my fingers. My queen gets carried away by passion and pleasure and her hands tug at the brooch on my cape till it falls on the floor along with my shirt, her lips slide down my neck leaving a trail of kisses till she nibbles at the spot over my jugular, sending a shiver down my spine. I can't wait for my girl to be a vampire so she can sink her fangs on that spot, my uterus clenches hard when thinking about it, I tangle my hands in her hair and hold her tight before kissing her again, our tongues dance in perfect sync. Her boots land on the floor with a thud and I rush to undo her belt while she leaves sloppy kisses on my cheek and neck making me smile. Obviously, she's not scared of me anymore...

But my smile falters on my face when I feel the eyes of the goddess fixed between my shoulder blades. I not only feel her power vibrating around me like I always do but now I get her undivided attention, she's almost piercing my skin with her eyes and my tattoos start tingling. I look back over my shoulder turning my head while Iselen's mouth slips to my breasts, she puts her lips around my nipple and the heat tears a gasp from my throat: the winged goddess smiles enigmatically but just for a second, maybe because of the flickering light of that torch, I think I've seen her pointing with her head at... A moan falls from my lips when I understand Inanna's intention and my guts burst into flames, arousal runs wild through my veins sending a shiver down my spine and my queen focuses on nibbling at my nipple thinking that she's the cause of my reaction... and she is, but indirectly. The Mistress of the Starry Skies not only wants a show... she wants a sacrifice. I turn around again, holding Iselen's head tight, forcing her to look right into my eyes while her silky dark red hair caresses my wrists.

"Do you trust me?" I whisper grazing her lips with mines. My intense tone of voice seems to baffle her and somehow she's able to feel the tension in the air around us. "Babe, please, do you trust me?"

"Yes... Yes, of course. Ruby, what...?"

"Shhh..." I hush her kissing her again, my hands slip down till my fingers find her nipples and pinch them. Iselen tilts her head back, gasping, getting carried away by pleasure one more time. Her back arches when feeling the icy stone of Inanna's altar under her when I force her to lie down in order to take her pants off, her naked body shines under the fire light while the goddess stares at us pleased. I slide my hands up her thighs opening her legs and she arches her back again when I lick my lips watching her closely. "Stay..." I whisper before taking my clothes off with quick movements. It's still a bit cold in here and I wave my hand at the fire so the flames rise even more before I grab the object Inanna showed me minutes ago... Due to my queen's position lying on the altar, she can't see me while I tie the leather straps to my hips, but she can feel me when I climb to the table and let my body fall on top of hers.