Part 5

When they got back from their patrol Finn got called into Thomas' office. Isaiah had gone off to help with the betting again. Bunty waited patiently on a chair. She observed the room, she saw plenty of men smoking, laughing and betting. She saw Polly in her office also smoking whilst going over some books.

Finn came out, "can I join?" Bunty questioned.

"You don't even know what I've been told" he scoffed, shaking his head slightly.

"So? Can I join?" She asked, "please?" She pouted.

"You can come with me to collect Arthur but you can't sit in on the family meeting," he told her, "alright?"

"Yes, that's fine" she smiled, "I just need to change first," she said, she quickly made it to the home part of the shop and went into the spare bedroom and quickly changed from her uniform to her regular clothes which she didn't really like.

She found Finn waiting outside of the building, one foot on the wall, leaning back, silently smoking. He looked towards the door as it opened and smiled when he saw it was her, "come on. He's at the boxing rings" Bunty trotted up next to him and they made their way to the boxing rings.

They entered the dark and dim warehouse. "Arthur?" Finn shouted, spotting his brother using a skipping rope, jumping. Arthur kept skipping, not paying attention to his brother "Tommy's called a family meeting" Finn said loudly, trying to get his attention, "Arthur!"

"He just beat the shit out of an apprentice," The owner/ trainer told Finn, "I had to take half the kid away in buckets."

"That's horrible" Bunty gasped, looking at the man.

"Arthur!" Finn said once more, after a few more skips Arthur stopped and dropped the rope to the floor.

"Two-thousand," he said out of breath, he walked past the two of them and towards a bowl of water which he used to wipe away the sweat from his face, arms and chest. Finn and Bunty watched the man carefully, "come on" Arthur told Finn, he obediently followed his brother.

They got outside the building and Bunty grabbed hold of Finn's arm, "you're not a bad kisser" she whispered to him, "see you tomorrow" she placed a sweet kiss to his cheek before walking away from him with a wave and a smile. Bunty, as she made her way back to her house realised how easily Finn got flustered, she could have fun with that.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"What do you mean they're off to London?" Bunty exclaimed to Finn, "why didn't they take you with them?"

"Said it wasn't a place where I should be, could get in trouble, didn't want me to be a part of it," he told her with a sigh, "they're sheltering me like I'm a gir- baby" he corrected himself seeing the slight glare from Bunty.

"It's because they care for you," she told him softly, "if my brothers knew I was a part of a gang they'd do the same. They'd probably take me to America so I'd be away from you lot" she laughed.

"How many siblings have you got?" Finn asked her, turning to face her more on the wall they were sat on.

"I've got four brothers and three sisters, I'm the youngest. All four of my brothers went to the war, all my sisters married Toffs around the place"

"And you chose to join a gang rather than marrying a man who's rich and lives in a pretty house?" He then questioned.

"Yep, it's more interesting" she shrugged, "besides, I don't need pretty houses and rich men to make me happy" she told him truthfully, "I'd rather live in the countryside not far from a city so I can have plenty of dogs," she then giggled as a thought popped into her head, "maybe I could start my own hunting pack"