Part 32

Arthur's funeral wagon was being covered in fuel, in the exact same place John's was lit, everyone stood watching Charlie and Curly covering it. Out the corner of her eye Bunty saw a lady holding a white flag, "Tommy, a lady's coming this way" she said loudly so he, and everyone else, could hear her.

"It's all right, let her come," Tommy said, walking forwards towards the woman.

"Who's she?" Bunty questioned, after noticing that everyone was murmuring about her.

"Mrs Changretta, Luca's mother," Finn told her, protectively snaking an arm around her waist.

They watched the woman just stood there, motionless, unnerving, and downright creepy. Thomas lit the wagon and they watched it burn. Bunty couldn't help but let a few tears slip.

Thomas called for Polly, Finn and Bunty to go with him and Mrs Changretta to the Shelby house. Thomas and Polly sat on chairs with Mrs Changretta sat opposite, Finn and Bunty had to stand up.

"Your note talked about making terms for peace. But my son says there are no terms. You took my husband and my son. We took two of your brothers" Mrs Changretta started.

"The vendetta is done," Thomas said.

"We say the vendetta is won," Aubrey Changretta told them. "We will take everything you have. All your businesses signed over to us. You agree to this, or my son will kill you all, one by one"

"The vendetta is won," Thomas said, gently nodding his head, "that's it. No more killing."

"Who do you think you were, Mr Shelby?"

She was soon to leave after telling them her son will meet them tomorrow and Tommy gave her a location. Bunty held Finn's shaking hand after she left. "Holy fuck that woman is terrifying" Bunty breathed out.

Finn chuckled at her. "She really is."

"Both of you be at that meeting, do not be late" Thomas warned before they left.

"Do you think Tommy really will just give them everything?" Bunty asked Finn as they walked hand in hand back to Artillery Square.

"Tom must have a plan," Finn told her, "worked too hard to get to where we are now, don't think he'll let go of it so easily"

"I just hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow. We've had too much death in this family."

~:~:~:~:~:~:~

The next morning Bunty and Finn got out of bed and changed in record time, took the dogs out to do their business and then grabbed a few pieces of fruit each to eat on the way to Tommy's mini gin-making area.

Bunty, Finn and stood behind Tommy, who was standing behind the desk. "I don't think Bunty should be here," Finn said to Thomas and Polly.

"I'm right here, Finn," Bunty said, "it'll be alright. Plus it's too late" she said quietly as the Changrettas walked in.

"All that's left of the Peaky fucking Blinders," Luca said, "three blood and this one," he said pointing to Bunty. "Are you a Shelby or a Gray?" He questioned, Bunty decided not to reply, just in case she makes things turn sour. "Hmm" he walked up to Tommy and then snapped his fingers

One of his relatives or perhaps just an associate went over to the desk, placing down a case and removing some papers and then placing those on the desk, he went back to his original space, taking the case with him.