Part 18

When the charity dinner came along, Finn and Bunty stuck to each other, trying to get used to being a married couple. Finn still got flustered, Bunty got shy, they were a mess. Arthur and John took their younger brother off somewhere to talk to him while Bunty mingled with Grace.

"That's a pretty necklace" Bunty commented, gesturing the jewel that hung around her neck.

"Thanks, Tommy got it for me" Grace smiled, lightly touching the giant sapphire lovingly.

Bunty felt a tap on her shoulder and it was Finn, "do you want to dance?" He asked nervously.

"I thought you didn't do dancing?" Bunty questioned playfully, accepting his hand "no one else is dancing".

"I don't and I don't care" he told her, " I remember from both John's and Tommy's wedding that they had first dances and I thought ours should happen too" he told her.

"That's so sweet, Finn" Bunty smiled, placing her hands in the right positions as they danced slowly.

Bunty saw that Finn was focused on not tripping over as his face mostly was looking downwards. Bunty removed her hand from his shoulder and lifted up his chin and made him look at her, "don't look at your feet, you're doing- fuck" At the moment Finn stepped on her foot, "it's alright," Bunty said, putting on a smile which looked more like a grimace. "I'm okay"

"Sorry" he apologised quickly, Bunty smiled softly.

"Would it make you feel better if I stepped on your foot?" Bunty asked jokingly.

"N- ouch, damn" Bunty purposely stepped on his foot, "I don't think dancing is for us" he told her.

"We just need practice and not just at dancing." She looked up at him.

"You mean being a couple... Married?" He corrected himself.

"Yeah. It's weird. I've never even had a boyfriend before" Bunty admitted to him.

"I haven't had a girlfriend, either" he said and Bunty looked at him as if he was lying.

"No way." She said disbelieving him, "surely some girls have fallen to your feet, you're so handsome" she told him and then realised what she said and turned red.

"I really haven't. I'm surprised you haven't had a boyfriend, " he said and then looked st her, "because you're so beautiful" he then winked.

Arrhur came over to the pair, "so, you two planning a honeymoon or even better, planning on consummating the wedding" Arthur winked at the pair and they both flushed in embarrassment.

"I-" Bunty looked at Finn.

"We-" Finn said, looking over at Bunty, they hadn't talked about it, they hadn't even thought about it until then.

"I'm just messing with yah both. " he patted them both on their shoulders before walking off.

"Fuck. I just realised, where am I going to live? My family has disowned me so I can't go back"

"You'll stay with me"  Finn told her, "you are my wife now"

"Wouldn't I be imposing? You Shelby's are all so private with your lives"

Finn chuckled, "you wouldn't be imposing, everyone loves you, okay, maybe not Polly. But everyone else does"

"What about Nickel?" Bunty questioned.

"We'll keep her, don't worry" Finn pulled her into a hug as they stopped dancing.

"Thank you, Finn"