Part 24

~:~:~1925~:~:~

It was a few days before Christmas when Bunty began finishing the remaining decorations of the house. "Drop it, Copper" Bunty scolded her one-year-old puppy. Nickel was sat on the sofa looking at her child and if dogs could roll their eyes, Bunty was sure she would be doing it now.

"What has she done this time?" Finn asked, coming down the stairs.

"She keeps pulling the tinsel off of things" Bunty sighed in disappointment, grabbing the dog and prying the tinsel out of her mouth.

"Good girl," Finn said, ruffling the dog's fur.

"Finn!" Bunty exclaimed, "don't reward bad behaviour," she told him, lightly smacking his arm as he passed her to go to the front door to check for mail.

"Christmas cards from Arthur, Pol, Michael, Isaiah and an invitation from John," Finn said, passing the invitation to Bunty to read out whilst he puts the cards on the mantlepiece.

"Dear Bunty and Finn, I hope you're having a great holiday season, blah blah blah, we're inviting you to a party at our house on New Year's Day, hope you can make it, John, Esme and the family" Bunty looked to Finn, "we're going to go, right? I can see his puppies again, I miss Jilly and Pudding"

"I still can't believe he let his kids name them" Finn chuckled, "but of course we'll go," he told her.

Bunty made a happy noise before kissing Finn, "thank you" she told him, out of the corner of her eye she saw Copper sneaking up towards the Christmas tree, "Copper, no!" Bunty said, rushing to save the Christmas tree that Copper was pulling the tinsel off again, but this time the tree almost toppled over. "Copper, you're going to be shut in the kitchen if you don't stop pulling the tinsel, okay?" The dog just tilted her head, "fuck, you're too cute" she sighed.

"You've gone soft, Bunty," Finn told her with a chuckle.

"No, I haven't" she denied childishly, "Copper is just too cute"

"You're too cute," Finn told her wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him, she scoffed at him, giggling.

"I'm not cute, I'm tough," she told him, pouting her plump lips at him.

Finn hummed, "are you now?" He asked, going to kiss her but the door rang. Both of them looked disappointed and frustrated, every fucking time!

"I'll get it," she told him, she went to the door and saw Isaiah holding a couple of presents, "oh, Isaiah, merry Christmas," she told him, inviting him inside.

"Merry Christmas to you too," he told her, handing her the presents.

"We were actually going to find everyone later, to pass out the presents, I guess you can get yours now since you're here," Bunty said, going upstairs and grabbing the presents for Isaiah and Jeremiah. Bunty started heading down the stairs when she heard the two men talking.

"I think there's something wrong with me," Finn told Isaiah.

"There's nothing wrong with you," Isaiah told his best friend.

"We've been married for over two years and we still haven't had sex," he told him, "there must be something wrong with me"

"You two still haven't?" Isaiah said disbelievingly, "are you even trying, mate?"

"Of course I'm bloody trying," he told him, "I just don't think I'm doing any of it right"

"Just don't worry about it," Isaiah said, "maybe the moment hasn't come up yet, we all know the last few years haven't been the best for any of us"