Part 13

Bunty made her way to the betting den the next morning. She went into Thomas's office like she was requested, and she found the desk laid out with her clothes and some weaponry. She also found a note from Thomas on the table too, "Bunty, the weapons will have to be concealed within your bag or on your persons, I know you don't need weapons to knock down a man, but it's just a precaution."

"Well thanks a lot, Thomas, I'm starting to regret this already," Bunty said to herself, ripping the note up and putting it in the bin. Bunty then went over to the dress and held it up, "fucking hell, I'm really regretting this"

Bunty put on the dress and with the heels that came with it, the dress was certainly pretty but it was tight-fitting and it went above her knees, the neckline didn't help either. She felt like a floozy. Why would I need to wear this? Bunty had thought.

She then grabbed the small pistol and placed that deep within the bag and then placed the knife in it too. She waited by the window, waiting for Finn and John to arrive. When they did, they were with other men that worked for Thomas.

"Hi," Bunty said, stepping out of the den, John was confused by her attire and Finn had gone red for the umpteenth time, he adverted his eyes from her direction.

"Did Tommy make you wear this?" John asked her quietly.

"Yeah, he says he has a job for me to do?"

"Fucking Tommy." John swore under his breath, "get in, Bunty" John opened the door to the vehicle and she squeezed in next to Finn.

"Hi, Finn" Bunty greeted the boy.

"Hello, Bunty" he replied, not looking at her, worried he'd get -excited- if he does.

The van started and they began moving and John somehow managed to pick up Arthur from prison, Bunty didn't question it as they drove to the place where John said that they were going to be waiting for Tommy. Eventually, he showed up. "You're late" John shouted over to the man as he walked over towards them.

"Please, I had business." He then went over to Arthur and hugged him.

John and Tommy spoke for a bit and then when they spoke to Finn, Bunty listened in, "lookout duties only today" Thomas told Finn.

"Tom, I'm getting sick of this-" Finn started speaking but got cut off by Tom.

"Finn, you don't obey orders, you don't come"

Finn looked like he wanted to scoff and then punch something so instead, he shook his head and took a drag from the cigarette in his hands. Bunty placed a hand on his arm, and then whispered to him, "he'll allow you to do something better soon" Bunty told him, "in the meantime, perhaps after the race I could try and convince May to let you see Thomas's horse?"

"I'd like that" he whispered back with a small smile.

Soon Thomas told everyone to load up, now that both Tommy and Arthur were there, Bunty and Finn had to pile in the back of the van. Bunty was squished right against the back of the van and Finn next to her, uncomfortably squished too.

"Finn, I can't feel my arm" she whined, trying to move it but unable too.

"Sit on his fucking lap and stop complaining," one of the men said and Bunty shot them a glare.

"You can if you want," Finn told her nonchalantly.

"You wouldn't mind?" Bunty asked him. He shook his head. Bunty moved to sit on his lap, when she sat on him, he scooted slightly so he wasn't squished next to the man sat beside him. "I forgot how comfy you are," she told Finn quietly, she nuzzled into his neck, her eyes closed in content. Unbeknownst to her, most of the men seated in the back with them were making crude gestures at Finn and embarrassing the boy.