Chapter One

All I heard was thunder. Every other noice around me was drowned by the kraka-boom of lightning. I could barely hear Rainbow Steve, Time Steve, or even Elemental Steve. Heck I couldn't even hear my own thoughts. The machine was activated.

***

   "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry," Elemental is right next to me apologizing morbidly.
To think, this is the steve that took so much from me! He's responsible for destroying the rainbow town, he sent Nightmare Steve after us, tricked us into thinking he was our "friend", and here he is. Bent at my feet; looking weak and helpless! Am I supposed to forgive him? How can I after all he's done?
   I bend down to face him "Elemental please! Is there anyway to stop this thing?"
   "No," he sniffs. "I made the machine without a way to turn it off... I didn't think I needed one... I'm so sorry...I've doomed us all."
I feel sick. Both from the bad new, and how pitiful Elemental Steve looks. I turn my head and see Rainbow Steve and Time Steve panicking. Mainly from Rainbow Steve; Time Steve is trying to calm Rainbow Steve down.
   "There is... one way though," Elemental Steve looks up.
I look at him seconds after knowing what he means by that. The only thing I can think of to stop this doomsday device...
   "No!" I demand. "We aren't doing that!"
   "It's the only way Sabre..." Elemental Steve avoids eye contact.
   "No it isn't!" I argue. "We can find another way! You don't have to sacrifice yourself!"
   Time Steve suddenly hears our conversation, "wait... no. Don't do it! Elemental Steve I know there's another way to fix this!"
   "Even if there was it would be too late!" Elemental Steve yells over the growing thunder. "Please. Let me do one good thing?"
   "This could kill you brother!" Time Steve screams.
   "So? I'll take that chance!" Elemental Steve sounds like he's going to tear up. "Stop worrying about me! Let me do this for you!"
Rainbow Steve, Time Steve, and I all look at each other. We have no other option.
   "Fine," Time Steve sighs. She walks towards Elemental Steve. This is Minecraft, so there is no animation, but it looks like Time and Elemental Steve are hugging.
   "Now get out of here," Elemental Steve demands. "This place will explode any second now!"
   "Take care Elemental Steve!" I scream running to the stairs. "Please don't die!"
He doesn't answer back.

I run with Rainbow Steve and Time Steve as fast as we can; Over magma blocks, and out onto the thick ice path. As we run we can here the ka-booms of both lightning and explosions.
Once they're over I turn to see a huge creator in the ocean. It isn't coming close to my render vision on Minecraft so I walk closer. It's much more bigger than I imagine, and bigger than the machine. Even if the creator is smack dab in the middle of the ocean you can see fire and smouldering cobblestone debris.
Time Steve falls to the floor in shock.
   "Time Steve?" Rainbow Steve musters. "Are you okay?"
   "This is all my fault..." Time Steve breathes.
   "What?" I gasp. "How is any of this your fault? If anything this is-."
   "DID YOU EVEN PAY ATTENTION TO OUR MEMORIES SABRE?" Time Steve snaps at me. "I WAS TOO SELFISH TO EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE ELEMENTAL STEVE'S FEELINGS! IF I WASN'T SO FOCUSED ON MYSELF NON OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED! IF I WAS JUST THERE FOR HIM- IF- IF... if I just cared for him..." I froze. I've never seen Time Steve like this. She grew silent, "if I was just there to comfort him, and if I showed him that I truly cared for him. He would be right here with me. Elemental Steve died believing no one loved him. All he wanted was to be known, to be remembered, to... to have a family, and I was a HORRIBLE EXCUSE FOR A LOUSY SIBLING! I was all he had. We were supposed to look after each other... I was the first to blow that all..."

***

Rainbow Steve and I walk back to our make shift home from that moment. I tell him about what Time Steve showed me and how all that drama unfolded. To be honest I don't know what to think anymore. I should hate Elemental Steve right? He did so much to me! But then why do I feel so guilty.
   "Should we see how Time Steve is doing?" Rainbow Steve asks keeping his gaze in front of him. Time Steve left us to take a moment alone after we decided to leave the wreckage.
   I think for a moment on that, "let's get back to base first."