chapter one

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

     CALISTA HERONDALE WAS SOMEONE STRAIGHT OUT OF A STORY BOOK

     CALISTA HERONDALE WAS SOMEONE STRAIGHT OUT OF A STORY BOOK. With the abilities to control the elements, and her family's past of fighting demons. You could say she was definitely out of this world. Technically, she was. Her home resides in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, unknown to the outside world.

They called this place, The Four Nations. The Northern and Southern water tribes, the fire nation, the earth kingdom, and the air nation. Each nation had many mundanes, but many benders of that element also resided there. Republic City was also a place where most mundanes lives. Calista was from the Northern water tribe, where her family ruled. Her being the princess she has some responsibilities. However, her duties were much greater then that of what a princess should and shouldn't do.

Her father was the chief and a phenomenal water bender, and her mother as well. Her fathers great grandparents were Shadowhunters. Hunting demons and saving mundanes from knowing the truth of their frightening world. The Herondale's as they were called wanted away from their warrior lifestyle and left London to find The Four Nations.

After reaching the northern water tribe the couple settled and had a girl who would eventually marry the prince. This then led to Calista's father, then her. When the king and queen found out they were expecting they were ecstatic! Calista was born and she grew up a very healthy and kind child. When she was big enough to walk and talk she started showing signs of a water bender. That then escalated to showing signs of fire, earth, and air. Her parents then realized she was the Avatar.

By the time Calista was 16 she had mastered all four elements, and even others. She could manipulate plants, metal, lightning, and even blood. Her grandparents even taught her how to identify demons, and taught her how to mark herself with a stele. She had few runes on her body, mostly because she was already able to do those things. So there wasn't a need for many runes.

Although she was happy living in the Northern water tribe with her family, she longed to explore the outside world. Being the Avatar had its perks, but as she got older her want for adventure continued to grow. Calista didn't just want to save and protect the Four Nations. She wanted to protect the world.

𖥸

     Bruce Wayne watched, continuously, a white haired girl move a giant rock off of a US government warship. He stared at the screen with utter fascination. If I want this to work I need her, he thought. "Alfred," Bruce called. "Get the batplane ready." He was determined to find the Four Nations, and bring the Avatar back with him. "Sir, finding this place will be very hard." Bruce ignored him and headed to the plane.

Bruce had spent the last few hours flying when he noticed a massive piece of land covered in snow. "This must be it." He stated to himself. Flying down closer to the land he noticed a city made of snow and ice. Bruce landed carefully and jumped out of the plane heading towards the city.

As he walked closer to the big gates guarding it, a woman covered in blue robes with white fur embedded into the edges rode in on a big dog creature. "Please state your business here." She stated. Her face covered by her hood. "I'm looking for someone, she's able to control the elements." He stated carefully. The woman faltered the slightest bit. "You might know her, she's the Avatar."

The woman gestured her hands which caused water to lift from the ground of snow and around his wrists. She made more gestures that turned the water into ice. "You're coming with me." She exclaimed and turned her creature around and dragged the man towards the capital. The towns people watched closely as she brought the foreign man closer to the capital.

"Daughter, who is this?" The chief–Bruce assumed–approached the two. "I found him riding in on an aircraft trying to come into the city. He's looking for the Avatar." Her last words were as sharp as ice. "Mmm, the Avatar?" The man walked closer to him. "Who are you? What do you want with the Avatar?" Bruce gulped. He was an intimidating man, but the one standing in front of him was even worse.

"I'm Bruce Wayne," The chief and guards gave him a blank look. "You know, Batman?" They stared at him for a few more minutes until Bruce continued. "Anyways I'm putting a team together, a team of hero's. Danger is coming, and I'd be honored if the Avatar could assist in saving the world. It's been centuries since the world has seen the Avatar, and seeing her will give them the hope they need." The woman removed her hood and jumped off of her creature. "You want my help?" She asked. Bruce looked towards her. "Yes. I have been looking for you, Avatar."

The woman turned towards her father. "It's my duty." She whispered to him. She knew her job, she knew what she needed to do. "I know." Her father sighed. "Go to the oasis. Pray to the moon spirit, and speak with your past lives. Make sure this is what you're meant to do." She nodded her head. "I'll be back."

She trekked up manny stairs, only to be met with a circular door. She opened it and walked into the warmer room. The white haired girl kneeled down by the pond as La and Tui circle each other, dancing, pushing and pulling. "I call upon the moon spirit Yue, my ancestor. Please hear me." She whispered. "Calista, why have you called me?" The Avatar looked up, "There is danger coming, isn't there?" Yue looked down at the girl. "I'm afraid so."

"Would it be wise to follow this man, Yue? Is it my destiny?" The moon spirit moved closer to Calista, close enough to touch her. "Yes, Steppenwolf is coming. You must save the world." Calista nodded. "You will guide me, won't you?" Yue smiled, "Of course, my child. Be brave, Avatar." The moon spirit disappeared and Calista stands up. I'm finally leaving. She thought to herself. "Sweetie?" The woman turned around to see her mother. "Mother, I must-." "Leave. I know. It's okay, Calista." The girl hugged her mother, holding her close. "I love you." "And I You, stay safe, my love." She nodded and ran back to the throne room. "Mr. Wayne, I will accompany you."

"Thank you..." He trailed off his sentence. "Calista Herondale." Bruce nodded. "Alright lets go." She nodded. Calista ran and hugged her father, "I'll be home soon. I love you." "I love you more." He kissed her head and let her go. The woman turned towards her dog creature. "Mr. Wayne, is it alright if I bring my companion." She questioned, but it came out as a statement. "Uh sure, don't let him poop everywhere." Calista let the dogs head, "Oh, she won't."