chapter five

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

CALISTA AND DIANA FINALLY GOT WORD FROM BRUCE

CALISTA AND DIANA FINALLY GOT WORD FROM BRUCE. So the two went to go pick them up. "So, any luck on the recruit?" Calista asked. Diana shook her head, "I'm not sure if I got to him or not. I'm hoping I did, but who knows." Calista nodded. "So what are your powers?" Diana smiled. "Well, I have super strength, speed, and energy powers. You'll see them in action soon. I'm also very excited to see you in action as well." Calista blushed again. "I'm happy to be saving the world."

The two made it to the jet where Barry and Bruce we're getting off. "Hi boys!" Calista stated. "Calista Herondale." She stuck her hand how for Barry to take. His eyes widened as she awkwardly pulled her hand back. "I'm sorry!" He reached for her hand and shook it eagerly. "Hi, I'm Calista, Barry. Wait no! I didn't-." Calista chuckled. "It's okay, Barry." Barry suddenly hit Bruce on the arm, "Hey, look!" Bruce huffed and started walking away, "Come on, let's go!"

The team gathered up their suits, and the suit Bruce made for Calista and put them on. "Wow, Bruce it's amazing!" She stated. The suit wasn't to tight or to big and it had black leggings and boots, and the top was blue and it wrapped around like a water tribe outfit. However, she needed one more thing. "Hold on I'll be right back." She ran as fast as the wind to her room. She pulled the top of her hair into a ponytail and connected her tribal head piece to it. "Ready!" She yelled as she met up with he team.

"Let's go." Bruce stayed in his supposedly intimidating voice. The team made their way up to a roof top where an older man had signaled the bat signal. "How many of you are there?" He stated. "Not enough." "Eight people have been abducted from STAR Labs. Here's the perpetrator." Diana looked to Bruce, "Parademons. They must be looking for the third box then." "So the eight must still be alive right?" Calista asked. Suddenly a voice spoke up, "Nine." The group turned to see a robot man. Diana has mentioned his name was Victor.

"The head of STAR Labs was taken as well." He stated as he walked closer. Diana smiled at him, "You made it." "We can't figure out where they're being kept. The lines don't add up." Victor stepped closer. "Not on land. These lead to Gotham harbor." Barry watched as the older man looked towards the harbor, "Do you really think-." He noticed everyone was gone besides Barry. "Oh wow. They really just vanished. Well, that's rude." Then speeded off to meet up with them.

The team made it to the tunnels in one of Bruce's machines. They made it to a broken bridge and as Bruce was about to warn them Barry speeds across. "Or I could just-." Calista started as she connected the metal together creating another bridge. "Wow! You're so talented." Barry stated in awe. "Thanks Barry." She exclaimed patting his shoulder. The team watched as Steppenwolf questioned the doctors. Barry stepped back as he watched. "O-okay. Yeah here's the thing, I'm, yeah I'm afraid of bugs and um guns and obnoxiously tall people. I-I can't be here. It's cool how you guys are ready for battle, but I've never done battle, I just yah some people and run away." Barry stayed whispering to Bruce.

"Save one." Bruce stated. "One? Which one?" "Don't talk don't fight, get one out." Barry nodded. He hesitated a little bit as he watched Victor shoot at Steppenwolf. "Hey Barry, it's okay. You'll be okay." Calista got up and jumped down from her hiding spot. Diana joined her and the two quickly killed a few Parademons. Diana lunged at Steppenwolf breaking him through the brick. The other women chasing after them. "Amazon." Steppenwolf spat as he ran for Diana. "I don't think so." Calista replied. "Ah, the Avatar. What a pleasant surprise. Will today be the day that I'll will finally stop the cycle."

Calista's eyes widen. "No!" She screamed and lunges at him. Fire lit his skin up as he screamed from contact. She threw metal spikes at him. He grabbed her by the hand and threw her up to the wall. As soon as her back hit the concrete her eyes glowed a light blue. "This is not your world." She floated above everyone else bending rocks and fire at him. "Oh but it will be." He exclaimed blocking her shots. She grabbed the nearest pole and threw him back to the other side with one swing.

Calista watched as Steppenwolf made the Nightcrawler fall to the ground. After killing a few more Parademons she made her way to the ground with the rest of the team. She watched as Diana redirected energy and pushed Steppenwolf back. "Calista go get Barry." The white haired girl nodded and killed both of the Parademons holding him. "Are you okay?" Her voice was different, it sounded as if many other voices were speaking all at once. "Y-Yeah." She patted his back and smiled.

She continued to fight Parademons while Victor got the Nightcrawler to work. However, Steppenwolf fires at one of the walls causing unusual sounds. "What are we under right now?" Barry asked. Calista—eyes still blue, and voice still strong—stood in front of the team. "Stand behind me." Bruce started to argue, "No, I wi-." He stopped talking as he saw her eyes. This small somewhat innocent woman was scaring him. "Get behind me."

Bruce helped Barry to the Nightcrawler as Diana tried to fight against Steppenwolf once more. "Diana, go! There's no time!" Calista yelled as she waited for the water to get closer. Suddenly Arthur Curry came out of the water. "What's up sweets." He stated as he pushed his trident into the ground causing the water to somewhat stop going further. "Get outta here!" He yelled. She shook her head and moved her hands. "Get out." Arthur was surprised at her voice. "Go with them now!" She yelled. He let go and watched as she held the water still, better than he ever could. "Wow.." he stated.

"Calista!" Diana yelled. Calista looked up and noticed the team was almost all the way up. She pushed her hands out forward and the water turned into ice. She smiled at her work and pushed her foot into the ground which caused a platform of rock to bring her up to where the team was. Victor had apparently bailed so Calista pointed her hands towards the Night crawler causing it to to lift up into the air. When they got back up from the tunnel the team turned to the girl. "Wow, Calista didn't know you had that in you."

Her eyes turned back to their original brown. "I'm the Avatar, Bruce. Expect nothing less." She stated. The two watched Arthur Curry make his way to them. "Dressed like a bat," he laughed. "I dig it." Calista smirked. "Nice going there Sweets." Arthur stated as he walked by Calista. Her face became red from the pet name. Bruce rolled his eyes. "What?" She asked. "Nothing. So what made you change your mind?" "Steppenwolf. He took the box from Atlantis." Arthur stated. "Now it's just the third box." Suddenly Victor showed up with a box in hand.