chapter eight

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

WHILE HEADING BACK TO THE BATCAVE CALISTA SLOWLY WOKE UP

WHILE HEADING BACK TO THE BATCAVE CALISTA SLOWLY WOKE UP. Arthur felt her move in his arms and nudge Diana. "How are you feeling?" Diana asked, holding her hand. "My body, it hurts." She started to wheeze uncontrollably. "Hey, take it easy. It's okay." Arthur shushed the girl. He sat her up but still held her. "What's the matter?" Calista shook her head. "I bloodbended him. I was never supposed to do that."

"Bloodbending?" Bruce asked. "It's a form of waterbending. It's forbidden, and my body is paying the price for it, as well as bringing him back. Plus he kind of threw me into some granite stairs so there's that." Arthur rubbed her back as Bruce handed her a napkin for her nose. "Thank you. Did anything happen while I was out?" The team glanced at each other. "Clark's gone, and Steppenwolf has the box." Calista sighed.

"I knew resurrecting him would be a bad idea." Arthur wanted to know more. "How do you know so much about resurrecting people?" Calista looked down. The team all sat quietly waiting for her to talk. "In my culture we have this thing. It's called parabatai. It is a strong bond and connection between two Shadowhunters. Where one goes so does the other. We would swore to protect one another. I would die for him, and he would do so, as well, for me." Tears we're starting to form in her eyes and Diana grabbed her hand for comfort.

"I have a parabatai. He is my best friend in the whole entire world. He was there to help me train both demon slaying and avatar studies. We would always go demon hunting at night. But then, one night he, went by himself. Got caught up between a greater demon and... when he was brought back there was no way to save him. I just remember feeling my parabatai rune burning like it was being ripped off of my arm. I could feel him dying and it felt like I was dying." The team stayed silent as Calista cried.

Bruce didn't realize what pain she could have been through. She is stronger than I thought. "So, me never wanting to live in a world without him in it. I decided to resurrect him. It wasn't good. He was terrified, hurting, angry. But so was I. He wasn't the same. In fact he tried to kill me on multiple occasions. I thought bringing him back would work. But he wasn't the same. I had to kill him, and I endured that same pain as when he first died."

The team was silent. "That's why I refused so much. Bringing back someone from the dead isn't good, it defies the laws of nature. Maybe he's different, but we need to find him before he starts causing more damage." Bruce nodded. "I know where he went to. I'm sure he's fine there. He'll come back." Calista looked at the man, "I hope you're right." "Well, we should get you fixed up!" Diana stated. Calista smiled, "Just fill up a tub with some water. I'll be able to heal faster." Diana nodded. "Let me help you." She replied.

Calista nodded. "Will someone check on Hera?" She asked. Arthur nodded, "Yeah, I got her." Cali smiled. "Thank you." Diana and Calista were quickly upstairs thanks to Diana's speed. "You're pretty fast." The white haired girl said with a laugh. "Yeah I guess so. Will you be fine by yourself?" Cali nodded. "You know, I think Arthur likes you." Diana smirked. Calista turned around to turn the knob for the water. "Yeah I like him too. He's a great guy." The taller woman shook her head. "No, I mean he romantically likes you." Calista's eyes widen. "Oh! Oh... uh I don't know..." "Mm, well get healed up okay?" Calista nodded. She watched Diana shut the door and started to undress.

She looked at her shoulder where her parabatai rune was. "I miss you." She then slipped herself into the tub letting her body regenerate itself. Fortunately, her body was already healing itself so the water sped up the process, letting Calista stay in the tub only for a hand full of minutes. She groaned as she got out, I guess I'll have to take another one later. She pulled the water off of her body with one swift motion and grabbed a towel.

She walked out of the bathroom to see Diana again. "I got you another suit since your other one was torn up." Calista nodded. "Thank you, Diana. You've become an amazing friend over the last couple of days and I cannot thank you enough." Diana shook her head. "No need," She gave the shorter women a smile. "Now get dressed. Meet us back in the bat cave." Cali nodded. Diana left and Calista quickly changed. She went back to the bathroom to fix her hair. She pulled half of it into her water tribe clip and then quickly braided the long hair that laid before her ears.

Sighing she headed back down to the bat cave, only to see Hera laid on the ground and Arthur pinning her tummy. "She loves her tummy rubs," Calista muttered as she sat beside him. "Don't you, girl?" Hera barked and her tongue met Cali's face. "You two have a beautiful bond." Arthur replied. "Mm," She scratched behind Heras ears. "Yeah, we do. I've had her since she was born. Her mother was my mother's Polar-bear dog. And her daughter's mine."

Arthur chuckled. "What other crazy animals do you guys have back home?" She turned to him with a questioning look. "Well, I think it's rather strange your doesn't have my animals." Arthur nodded. "From what I can gather," she started. "The animals from my home are crossbred between two or more animals. I don't understand how your animals have yet to do that."

Arthur agreed, "Yeah, yeah that is kind of weird." He stopped scratching Heras stomach. "We do have ligers. You know, half tiger, half lion." Calista smiled. "We have those too! They are very cute." She replied. He laughed. Not as cute as you. "Yeah they are cute..." "Hey love birds," It was Bruce. "Let's get this started, come on."

AHHH I literally didn't realize how long it has been since I last updated😳 I APOLOGIZE GREATLY!

Anyway, here's a little update for y'all while we're all in quarantine🥰 I hope you all are healthy and safe.
Thank you for all the love on this book 🥺💓 I love you guys!!!!
As always vote, comment, follow (if you want;)) and stay safe and healthy💓💓