chapter seven

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

AS CALISTA BECAME CONSCIOUS EVERYONE LET OUT A SIGH

AS CALISTA BECAME CONSCIOUS EVERYONE LET OUT A SIGH. "What did I miss something?" She asked. Diana smirked, "Just Arthur freaking out." The white haired girl turned to him, "I'm alright. In fact, I'm perfect. I spoke with someone and he reassured me." She stood up and walked closer to Bruce. "We'll do it. We'll bring him back. But if this goes wrong," Calista's voice suddenly darkened and it intimidated Bruce. "It's on you."

Bruce nodded and clapped his hands together. "Okay, lets suit up." As Calista was about to leave Arthur pulled her aside. "Listen, I wasn't worried about you." Calista furrowed her brow. "I mean I was, but I just... Nevermind." The very handsome and intimidating man quickly turned away and walked out leaving the woman by herself. "What?" She questioned herself.

Calista put her suit back on and headed outside where a truck was waiting. She climbed in the back to see a coffin and Arthur. "So you were worried?" She asked. He let out a sigh and nodded, "Yeah, yeah I was. It was kind of freaking me out." She nodded. "Yeah sorry about that." He shrugged. "So what other stuff can you do?" He asked. "I can control the elements and their counterparts, as well as hunt demons. However, I usually don't do that." "But you can talk to ghosts too?" Calista shook her head. "Spirits. That's the funny thing about me. I'm basically a god."

He scoffed, "I like your confidence." She smiled, "You have only seen pieces of my powers. I can destroy and create. I can do so much good and harm. I'm the so called "Devine medium"." He smirked, "Mm divine medium. So yeah a god. That's pretty cool." Arthur watched as Calista shrunk back. "Yeah..." she replied. He was about to ask if everything was okay but everyone else started to pile in. Throughout the ride everyone stayed silent. Calista even took a quick power nap.

Once they arrived Arthur woke the woman up. "Mm what time is it?" She asked. "Yeah I don't really know but we're here." She nodded and got out of the truck as Arthur and Bruce carried the coffin. They entered the building then they walked through a long hallway towards an opening. "This is amazing." Victor stated. "This is crazy. You lunatics better know what you're doing." Calista stood still behind everyone watching Arthur carry Superman into the water.

Victor connected himself to one of the controls. "There's not enough charge to wake the box." He stated. Bruce turned to Calista, "You can do it." The Avatar turned to him. "No. The electricity I'll create will fry Superman, maybe even the box." She folded her arms together looking to Bruce. "I'll do it." Barry stated. "I might be able to conduct the right amount if I get enough distance. I might be able to charge it." The team looked to each other and nodded.

Suddenly Barry was gone and in position. Calista sighed as she waited for Barry to run back through. Arthur got out of the water and stood by her. "I've got a bad feeling." She stated. He nodded agreeing with her. They counted down and watched as the mother box hit the water and Barry hovering over it. Suddenly a bright light flashed and water was sprayed. Arthur covered Calista, shielding her eyes from the light. He was alive. Before Calista had anytime to react to Arthur protecting her the team was already outside to get Superman.

"When you get him, be careful. He may not be the man you remember." Calista exclaimed. They nodded and found him at his memorial. "He's back." Diana whispered in amazement. Superman continued to stare at the team. Calista furrowed her brow. "He's not alright." Arthur stated. "He's scanning us. Arthur you need to relax your adrenaline is spiking." Victor stated. Calista could feel Arthur tense next to her. "Because he's not alright." He stated. "Try to stay calm your making him feel anxious. He's been dead he doesn't realize what's happening." Calista whispered.

Victor's defense system suddenly started to activate. Calista quickly sprung into action by controlling the metal on his body but his defenses still fired at the man. "Kal-El no!" Diana yelled. But his laser vision had already started. "He's confused, he doesn't know who he is." Diana stayed. "Pet cemetery." Barry whispered slightly freaking out. Clark grabbed his statue and threw it at Diana, but Calista quickly took control of it and threw it behind them. He glanced at her and started to make his way towards her. "We need to restrain him."

Arthur jumped towards him but was punched away. Diana was also. Calista knee what she had to do. She stood in front of Clark her eyes and hands controlled his movements he was finally still. "I can't hold him for much longer, he's too strong!" She exclaimed. Her nose starting to bleed, Arthur and Diana came to her side. "How long will you be able to hold him for?" Diana asked trying to hold him down, Arthur doing the same. She shook her head, "I-I can't." She fell to the ground and Clark grabbed a hold of both Arthur and Diana.

Fortunately they were freed after Barry distracted him. Arthur knelt down beside Calista. He held her face softly patting it. "Sweets, come on!" Her eyes opened and a bright blue hue shined through. She quickly got up and ran towards Clark. She grabbed his neck and threw him down so hard it broke the rock beneath them. He stared at her with big eyes as she grabbed him again and threw him to the grass. "Clark!" Bruce called. Superman got up and stared at Bruce. "I know you."

Calista stood before him again and tried to bloodbend him again. Clark stared at the girl with a glare as he pushed through the hold and threw her towards his monument. Calista hit the stairs and passed out again. "Cal!" Arthur stated, running towards her body. He grabbed her from the stairs and sat her against him. "Hey you're gonna be okay." He whispered, wiping away some of the blood from her nose.

After Clark left the rest of them walked to where Arthur was holding Calista. "Is she alright?" Barry asked. "I don't know." Arthur stated. He gently laid her down, stood up and held her bridal style. "Let's just get back." He stated. They all nodded but suddenly a portal opened in the sky. "Steppenwolf. He's got the last box."