chapter four

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

ONCE THE TWO GOT BACK HOME, CALISTA FELT AS IF HER SOUL DUTY TO HAVE ALFRED AND BRUCE TRY SEAWEED NOODLES

ONCE THE TWO GOT BACK HOME, CALISTA FELT AS IF HER SOUL DUTY TO HAVE ALFRED AND BRUCE TRY SEAWEED NOODLES. So Alfred took the woman to the local market in search of some seaweed. "I really hope they have some." She stated. Calista was excited for her new friends to try one of her favorite dishes. "I believe there is some in the seafood section." Alfred replied looking at the fruit section. "Okay I'll go find it!" The white haired girl made her way around the whole store twice and she still couldn't find the seafood isle. She surprisingly found her way back to Alfred though.

"Alfred, will you find the seafood section?" He turned to her, a bunch of groceries in his basket. "I've already got the seaweed dear." Calista threw her hands in the air. "Where'd you find it?!" She exclaimed. "I looked up." Alfred chuckled. Calista looked up to see signs telling her where everything was. "Oh, I didn't even notice. At least I can read it though." The two walked to the cashier. "What do you mean?" "Well we have our own language in the Four Nations, but since I'm the Avatar I'm required to learn every language, and it just so happens I speak English better. And I'm a shadowhunter and most of the showhunter books are English." Calista whispered.

"What is a Shadowhunter?" Calista shushed him but still answered. "I fight demons." Alfred's eyes widen and his mouth turned into an 'O' shape. "That'll be fifty thirty-five." Alfred was quickly out of his awe and gave the money to the cashier. As the two carried bags to the car he leaned in and whispered, "D-do you really fight demons?" She nodded. Alfred blinked a few times, "Some how you keep surprising me, Calista." She smiled.

As soon as the two stepped into the house Calista immediately started cooking the seaweed. "Alfred, you're going to love it!" The Butler smiled, "I'm sure I will." Suddenly the doorbell rang throughout the house. "I'll go get that." Stated Alfred. Calista day on the counter waiting for the visitor or visitors to appear. She heard Alfred talking mentioning where Bruce was. "Oh! Diana, this is Calista." Calista looked up to see a tall and beautiful woman. "Oh my god. You're the Avatar!" Diana ran to her and grabbed her arms. "I've heard about you, I just never thought I'd meet you."

Calista couldn't help but blush. "Thank you, Diana. However I'm not sure I know you." Diana chuckled. "Oh I'm Diana Prince. Or Wonder Woman as some might call me." Calista smiled. "Well it's nice to meet you! Would you like to stay for some seaweed noodles?" Diana smiled, "Sure, why not?" Calista jumped down from the counter. Her height compared to Diana's was a big difference, but she was a short woman.

"Well I must go see Bruce. I'll be back!" Calista smiled and went back to her noodles. "Mmm they should be done in twenty minutes I believe. While they're setting I'm gonna go see Bruce and Diana." The girl made her way down to the bat cave only to see the two in a heated conversation. "Calista, great timing Diana was just about to talk about the threat that's coming." Calista nodded and took a seat beside them.

"They call him Steppenwolf, the end of worlds. Many fell under his blade, but rose again as his minions. Creatures who feed on fear." Bruce nodded. "I think I've met one before. They're looking for boxes." Diana sighed, "The mother boxes." "There's still two more right?" "Yes, but we still don't know what's in them weapons? Power?" Diana butted in, "They don't contain power. They are power. They can destroy worlds and create living hells. However, the amazons, alantians, mortals, aliens, and even gods fought back. He swore that darkness would cover the earth, and he would return when it did."

"How long until-." Diana cut Bruce off. "Days." Bruce nodded. "Well, I've got another recruit to pick up." He walked away and left the two women alone. "Well, would you like some seaweed noodles?" Diana chuckled and nodded. "Okay lets go!" Calista and Diana made their way to the elevator. "You know I'm glad another girl has shown up. It was kinda lonely." Diana uncrossed her arms. "Yeah, Bruce isn't a very open person." Calista agreed, "He's kind though, when he wants to be." The two laugh as they continued the elevator ride.

"I promise they're better than they look." Calista stayed as she made a bowl for herself, Diana, Alfred, and Hera. "Hera!" Diana gasped as she saw a huge dog coming her way. "Oh my god I've never seen a dog that big." Calista laughed. "That's because she's a polar bear dog." Diana furrowed her brow but went along with it. "Here you go girl." Calista grabbed the chopsticks she had bought and started eating the noodles. "Mmm, so good!" Alfred and Diana ate some as well. "You know, this isn't bad at all. However, I must go recruit someone so I'll be right back and we can go meet up with Bruce and Barry."

Calista watched as Diana took her bowl and chopsticks down stairs. "So Alfred, you like them?" Alfred gave a weak smile, "They're good, and definitely not something I would ever eat. So thank you, Calista for expanding my horizons." The white haired girl smiled, "Of course! Maybe one day I can take you to the Four Nations and you can try all their foods!" Alfred finished his bowl and replied, "That would be lovely, Calista."