chapter nine

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

THE TEAM GATHERED ROUND AS BRUCE BEGAN TALKING

THE TEAM GATHERED ROUND AS BRUCE BEGAN TALKING. "Steppenwolf has the third box. What are we supposed to do?" Arthur questions throwing a box towards the wall. "Don't do that." Calista scolds him. "They have an energy, we can track them."

Diana—who was sharpening her sword—agreed. "You're apart of it you could track it." She walked closer to Victor and touched his shoulder. "I know you're worried, but if you go under I promise we will pull you back out." Victor turned to Arthur then Diana, "Just keep the little mermaid away from the work."

Diana smirked. "He really doesn't like Arthur does he?" Calista questioned. "Arthur comes off strong. But he means well." Calista hummed and decided to follow him. "Thank you for watching Hera, while I healed." He jump slightly and Calista laughed. "I'm sorry, I did not mean to scare you." He quickly smirked, "No, no, you didn't scare me, sweets." She nodded with a blush.

"Why do you always call me that?" She questioned. "Why do you always blush when I call you that?" Calista blushed again and smiled, "Nobody has called me something like that before." Arthur questioned her further, "Nobody has called you sweets, or babe, or anything like that?" She shrugged and sat on a table near them.

"No, unless you count my parents calling me beautiful, then no. No one has ever called me anything besides Calista and Avatar." He stood opposite of her. "So you've never had a boyfriend? Or Girlfreind? Don't worry I don't judge." He smirked and she laughed. "No neither. I am mostly into men, so was my parabatai. He always tried to get me to date, but my father always said I needed to focus on my avatar studies."

"You've really never had a boyfriend before?" She shook her head. "Why? Is that so wrong for a woman to be independent?" Arthur quickly apologized, "No! No, no of course not. I think it's great!" Calista laughed at his antics, "It's okay, Arthur. Calm down." He did and sat beside her. "So you've never really done anything have you?" She shook her head with a sigh.

"I've been cooped up in the four nations my whole life." "What're you doing after all of this blows over?" He asked. "Well, I would love to travel the world and help people. But, I know I must go back home." She looked at him questionably. "Why are you asking?" He shrugged, "Maybe I could take you out sometime." She blinked at him, "Yeah, I like outside, it's very beautiful here."

He forgot she literally knew nothing about their slang, or dating. "No," he laughed. "No I mean like me and you go on a date. Like hang out together, romantically." Her eyes widened. "Oh!" She was shocked. How could a guy like him like a girl like her. "Oh um, y-yeah, sure." Calista gave him a shy smile with red cheeks. "Okay! What, what would you like to do?" She shrugged.

Then she gasped, "Take me to Atlantis! I'd love to see your home!" Arthur hesitated. "We'll see about that one. Where else would you like to go?" Calista gave him a dazzling smile. "Let me get back to you on that." He nodded and gave her a wink, "You got it sweets." She blushed.

"So dating? What's it like here?" Arthur shrugged, "Well, it's usually seeing a movie or going out to dinner. Walks on the beach or a park. There's a lot of things you could do." Calista nodded. "Not too different from home. We actually call it courting. Oh, and in water tribe culture, when you wanna marry your significant other, one creates a beautiful pendant for their partner!"

Arthur smiled, mostly because she seemed to love the idea of marriage. "Well maybe I can make you one." She quickly shut her mouth, face turning red. No one has ever been so forward with her. "Oh- I- um, you don't have to. I mean we haven't even been on a date!" Arthur laughed as she grew more flustered.

In all honesty, Arthur could see himself living the rest of his life with Calista. He didn't care where, or even when. He just knew he was meant to be with her. "Oh, sweets. I'm just messing with you. However, I still wanna go on a date." She huffed, but nodded. "Me too." The two sat in a comfortable silence, gazing at each other. Calista blushing as per usual.

Without realizing it, they were starting to lean closer together. His head turned so he could get a better angle. Calista hesitated for a moment, her breath caught in her throat. "Hey, lovebirds!" Diana has called to the pair. The two quickly jumped apart, a blush present on both their faces. "We're getting ready, so why don't you stop kissing and start helping!"

Calista's face continued to shine a bright red. "We weren't kissing." She whispered. Arthur chuckled as he heard her. "You know you were about to." She pushed him away and started heading towards the group. "Yeah, right." He shook his head and followed her.

Oooo we almost done with justice league!! I will be writing her story with the aquaman movie;) I just need to know.. would you guys like a separate book, or just add it on to this one?? I don't mind either, I just wanna hear what you guys think😌🌟
ALSO I wanna write a bts fanfic but idk if I should.. SO if you are an army lmk what you think about that!!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed stay tuned for the next chapter 💓💓
Vote && comment 🌟🌟🌟