chapter six

ɢᴏᴅ ɪs ᴡᴏᴍᴀɴ
𖥸

"WE NEED TO GET BACK

"WE NEED TO GET BACK." The team agreed and made there way to Bruce's bat cave. The elevator ride down was silent, but Calista could feel Arthur's eyes looking at her. She turned around and gave him a small smile and he looked away. She rolled her eyes as she turned away as well. The doors opened and Barry had that same awe look on his face. "Wow it's like a cave." He sped around before coming back, "Like a bat cave!" Calista giggled. Then she heard Hera running towards them.

The dog jumped on Calista licking her face. Victor, Barry, and Arthur had wide eyes. "What the hell is that thing?" Arthur stated. Calista got up quickly and glared at him. "She's a polar bear dog. Her name is Hera." He walked closer to the dog and when she licked his face he just laughed. "Mm never seen something like her before." He said while petting her. "Yeah, where I'm from there are some crazy animals."

Calista let Hera go and her and Arthur met up with the group. Victor was explaining why he had the box. "He used it on you." Calista's eyes moved to Victor. "I was in an accident. My father used the box to help build parts of me. It made me stronger." Bruce looked down, "Too much life. The mother box was designed to reshape a planet." Arthur sat down by the box. "So?" "So, what if you were stronger than a planet. Could use the mother box," Barry interrupted him, "could bring him back to life."

"Bring who back to life?" Calista asked. All eyes were suddenly on her. "Superman, duh." Barry stated. She huffed as Bruce kept going with his plan. "No." Diana stated. "Diana.." she looked at him with soft eyes. "Bruce, no." Calista then spoke up. "She's right Bruce. Bringing back someone has consequences. It's unnatural and the person can become different. Someone who doesn't know you." Bruce glared at her. "Even if there's a fraction of a chance." "No. It won't end well, it never does. I'm supposed to keep balance in the world and with Steppenwolf running around we don't need a rogue hero as well."

Bruce huffed, "You've never even stepped foot into the real world, let alone know how to keep it safe. Before a few weeks ago nobody knew who you were. If you don't want to help us, fine. But I'm doing this. We need him." If looks could kill Bruce would be dead by now. "You have no right to tell me how to do my job. You don't know what I've experienced you don't know the things I've seen. You don't know the things I've done." The team all felt the pain in her words, even Bruce. "Bringing back someone from the afterlife is risky. I know because I've done it, and I suffered the consequences of doing so. You're out of your mind Bruce." She whispered her last words before heading to the training area.

"Damn. That was deep." Barry mumbled. While Diana and Bruce continued to argue on the subject of resurrecting Superman, Calista wasn't training. She was entering the spirit world. She needed to know if bringing back Superman would actually help. She let out a breath and closed her eyes. Focusing on her breath. In and out.

When she opened them she was no longer in the bat cave, but in the spirit world. Everything look so peaceful there. Nothing like the outside world. She walked around for a little before she finally felt the need to talk to her past lives.

Arthur Curry had a certain fascination with the short white haired woman. He thought she was beautiful and innocent. When she yelled at Bruce he was surprised as was everyone else. This kind girl yelling about how she's done things no one has ever even thought of. It made him wonder. So here is Aquaman, searching for the Avatar. Wanting to know more about her and her home.

He looked everywhere in the bat cave, well until he stumbled upon a big room. Surprise surprise there she was sitting in the middle of the room in an Indian pose and eyes closed. "Hey, sweets." She didn't look up. In fact, she didn't even blush like she usually does when he says that name. "Calista, Cal." She didn't move an inch whatsoever.

'Who could I call on in a moment like this?' She thought. All of the Avatars flowed through her head. None, however, except for Aang. Calista looked up to all the Avatars, but she looked up to Aang the most. Because of him the Four Nations is how it is, how it should be. He stopped the Fire Nation and ended the 100 years war. She wishes she could have experienced those journeys.

"Avatar Aang I call upon you." It took a few seconds but soon Aang was right in front of her. "Hello, Calista. I hear there's a problem." She nodded, "Steppenwolf has two of the three mother boxes, and Bruce wants to resurrect Superman." Aang sat down on the ground and Calista did the same. "Resurrection you say?" She nodded. "I told him it was a horrible idea, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't before I went back to stop him." Aang sighed. "Death is not something anyone should interfere with."

Arthur walked closer to her and poked her. "Hey. Hey!" Calista still didn't move. "Hey! Bruce, Diana! Calista isn't waking up!" He quickly picked her up and ran to the others. "I kept calling her name but she won't answer or wake up." He sat her down on the table hoping someone could do something. "It's okay Arthur." Diana chuckled. "She's okay, she's just in the spirit world." He made a confused face. "It's a world where spirits live. Maybe she's talking to someone about the situation. A lot of Avatars go to the spirit world for guidance."

Bruce crosses his arms. "How do you know this?" Diana shrugged. "The Amazons and the Four Nations we're friends." She smiled as she picked the girl back up. "One thing you should know. Never move the body of someone who's in the spirit world. They could get trapped there because they're unable to find their bodies." Arthur nodded. "Noted." The team followed behind Diana as she reached the training room again. "Now we wait."

There was a short pause, "However, resurrecting this man could potentially help you destroy Steppenwolf for good." "So are you saying I should let him do it?" Calista asked. Aang chuckled, "No, but if it helps you save the world then you must do what is necessary."