Prologue

A villain is nothing without a cause. A villain always has a goal in mind. Kill without mercy, attack without a purpose, and you are not a villain, but a monster. A true villain does not equal merciless cruelty, infinite power, a killing streak or thinking T-series is better than Pewdiepie.

No. None of those are villains. The true villains are those who accept that they are the darkness and the darkness is a part of them. They know they're on the bad end of the staff of justice, but they proceed with a high head along with a noble cause.

Reverse Boboiboy had seen many, many monsters over the years; yet he had never encountered a true villain. One that was truly worthy of his attention. One that proved that he or she was above mindless slaughtering. One that proved that he or she does not cause pain unless necessary.

He was sixteen. He had delved into the world of villains for almost four years.

Yet he had never once glimpsed of a villain with a conscious. In the outside world, the self-proclaimed villains were nothing but pushovers, no more than monsters.

Reverse sighed. He pulled the cloak over his head and dissolved into the crowd, letting the flow of people sweep him away into the endless streets.

This was why the heroes always won. The heroes had purpose. They had someone or something to protect. The monsters had none of those.

In these four years, he was anonymous. He was the silent shadow that took people's lives and sabotaged their missions. If you're a famous smuggler, then you're not doing it right. The very same principle applies to vigilantes like him. There were two terms concerning those who walk between the worlds of good and evil: anti-heroes or vigilantes.

You could tell which term he had chosen.

Reverse had always admired heroes since he was a child. But when he was 12, it all changed. He was young. He was naïve. He didn't know what the world held for him. He wasn't from the alien planets. He was from Earth, he was human.

He'd witnessed superheroes in action. A yellow power sphere giving three kids his age powers. Together, they fought back a green alien and a blue robot. They didn't know he was here. He witnessed their brutality. He knew that they were protecting the power sphere, but they went as far as turning the robot to food even if he and the alien were friends and punching the alien into space.

It confused him. Who was the villain? Who were the heroes? All the alien wanted was to take the power sphere. He wasn't hurting them, but the kids beat him up worse than anyone had ever expected. After the battle, the fat Indian kid proceeded to consume the pizza-turned robot.

Suffice to say, it was traumatizing for his young self. It changed his views on heroes permanently.

To Reverse, sometimes death was a better option that arresting villains. No one deserved to suffer humiliation such as prison. It would serve it better to just end their life. It was a quick solution, but it was effective. Villains often begged for death not only because of their unbearable physical injuries, but also for their wounded pride. If they were left alive, they would have to shoulder the shame of it forever.

And even after that superhero-witnessing incident, it was his turn to shine. He saw the alien returning, attempting to steal the power sphere once more. Reverse had tried to talk him out of it, to tell him to give up, but he didn't listen. He couldn't fight back, as he can only watch the alien Adu-du take the power sphere away.

Reverse could have just left it alone. It had nothing to do with him. But without any warning, his legs moved on their own. He charged in to save the power sphere against all odds. For the first time in his life, he felt like a hero. He knew he could save the power sphere, and he did.

And in doing so, the power sphere had given him the ability to steal other's powers and skills, no matter what they were. He can steal people's talents such as drawing, acting or singing. He can take people's powers like the girl's gravity manipulation.

Of course, Reverse was hyped. He got powers! He can be a hero! But with the negative comments along with the rather villainous traits of the power he held, he was shunned aside as a villain no matter what he did.

Then one day, he snapped. He stole the gravity girl's powers and hijacked the alien's ship. He left off into space, wanting to prove that he can be a hero. However, things didn't go exactly as planned. He had returned her powers after getting on a planet. He was unarmed with no way to return to earth.

He was stranded on a villain-infested planet. To survive, he was forced to steal fighting skills and adaption abilities. He relied on physical combat, since there were no powers for him to steal. Other than stealing, he also trained himself in case his powers failed him.

He gave up on being a hero, and he was not a villain. He decided to be both, an anti-hero, a vigilante or whatever people called it. He did heroic acts through villainous means. He killed drug lords and warlocks to prevent wars. He hijacked governments to prevent them from creating superweapons that could take over the entire universe.

"I see you're the same work as me."

Reverse stopped in his steps. He stared at the person in front of him, who was taller and buffer. He was tan, with raven hair and crimson eyes. His gaze told him that this was the person he was searching for. The true villain that could truly finish a hero.

Reverse smirked. His mind had led him to none other than Fang.