Chapter 5

"So," Ciciko said, "you mean to tell me you two took out two crucial members of the Tenkotak gang and saved a power sphere – all in five minutes?"

Fang and Reverse both turned to each other and back to Ciciko.

"Unbelievable!" Ciciko ranted. "I've been undercover for months, to find out the secrets of the villain network, but you two defeated him?"

"Hey, isn't this place all about saving power spheres?" Fang interrupted abruptly. "We secured the teleportation power, a first-generation power sphere, retrieved Ochobot, avenged his team, took apart the most threatening gang and dispatched the old power sphere factory that can help you locate more power spheres into the future but you're chiding us for doing that?"

Reverse restrained his boyfriend before things seriously got physical.

"I'm sorry to hear that, but it's done," Reverse clipped. "Now if you'll excuse us, we'll be in our dorm."

Fang was still cursing under his breath. His curses could fill an entire dictionary and more. Before they left, Ciciko still had one more inquiry.

"How did you defeat them? Ochobot was knocked out so he didn't record."

Reverse and Fang stopped in their tracks. A grin played onto their lips as the elevator arrived for them. They stepped inside.

"It's a secret," Fang said.

In their dorm, they were interrupted by cadets all over. They all heard about them taking Bora-ra and one of his most powerful henchman down. They passed it off as a lucky shot resulting in machinery failure, but they weren't convinced. Not all of them, anyway. A pair of supposed siblings Sai and Shielda were the most persistent.

"For the last time, it's a lucky shot!" Reverse slammed the door to their shared room.

He collapsed on the bottom bunk. There were two bunks, but Fang and him shared the bottom one. The top one was mainly used to store stuff such as books lent from the library. The tables were used to sort and maintain their weapons. They weren't used much in physical combat, but they were essential if things got a little too heated.

Fang looked up from his book. He shifted his position so he would be lying upside down, next to Reverse.

"What happened to that black hole?" Fang asked.

Reverse mumbled something in his breath and it was drawled out by long groans. He raised his hand and stared at it.

It was the first power he had ever stolen and kept it. If he stole powers before, he would return it because they didn't belong to him. But this was different. Bora-ra had died. The power he had before he was alive now belonged to Reverse permanently, unless he gives it off to someone else.

Sure, you're probably going to ask, Didn't he steal skills like Yaya's biscuits before?

Yes, he can. He can steal skills that include swimming or drawing, but it's his choice to perfect it. He needs some time to get used to those skills, and he can steal infinite.

But powers like black hole creation slash manipulation? It's more than just a skill. Powers like these can only be stored up to a maximum of a 7. He can only steal 7 skills. That's his limit. Now he had filled up two of the slots.

"It's staying," Reverse muttered, sitting up. "God. I feel like crap."

"Don't we all?" Fang yawned. "You gonna sleep any time soon?"

Reverse considered this. He shook his head. "I don't know. Maybe later... After all, if word gets out, there's going to be a civil war. On everything."

Power sphere hunters and villains are strictly different topics. A villain is not the equivalent of hunters. Villains have much more of a wider range of their perception. Hunters go around and steal power spheres. It's why they were so powerful compared to the No. 1 Hunter was because of the comparison.

Hunters seek power spheres for power. Villains search how to become more powerful actively. So when the two number 1s – Bora-ra and Reverse – collide, the villains are the winners just by looking at it. There's no comparing the power scale because their end-goals are different. Hunters and villains stay out of each other's ways and don't cross paths much. If they do, they either come up with a compromise like civilized people or just slaughter everything in their sight.

Of course, the monsters that Reverse were referring to at the start, they would just fight everything and everyone and end up in jail or dead.

"It's an official mission from TAPOPS. Legitimately," Fang reasoned. "Sometimes you worry too much. Just sleep. It takes your mind off things."

Reverse glanced at his boyfriend, already tucking himself in bed and placing the book next to his pillow. He sighed, once again giving into Fang's suggestion. He pulled the covers over both Fang and him and called it a night.

If only we can be like a picture, forever captured in our best moments together.